• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

got infection. which Abx is safest?

priya

permanently dislabeled
hi all,

i always treat w/ herbs, but i got this infection in an old ear piercing that's really affecting me. i'm putting diluted food-grade H2O2 on it, but i feel the infection spreading to my eardrum and down my neck. i feel quite ill and am having probs using fingers/hands and my brain (i'm a 100% bedridden PWME for 10 years).

if i call the GP to my home i need to know how to advise them. they likely can't get blood from me to test ... don't want to lose any more functioning or i'll be in trouble. i think i may need abx, but which are best?

i'm taking Naturomycin caps x 4/day, cranberry, Paradex, vit c, etc.

any suggestions are much appreciated!

snowathlete

Hi, no idea which antibiotics are best for this, but by the sounds of things you need to see your GP and get the right treatment. Infections inside the ear can become very serious if not treated, and lead to hearing loss or complications with the brain, so it's important to get it sorted out ASAP. I'm sure you'll be fine, but if you leave it too long it will require more intervention with stronger antibiotics, etc.
I hope it's still early enough that you can have something fairly mild and get rid of the infection without too much trouble.