• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Got a scooter :)

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
We bought a scooter for me yesterday. I am walking better than ever from my POTS, but this is going to make it easier when we go to really large stores like our grocery store, Target, Home Depot etc. Hubby usually pushes me in my wheelchair, or I use the elec. wheelchairs but they are SO hard to handle and beep when you go backwards. This way, hubby can push a big cart and I can ride my comfy scooter.

Also, the nursery where we love to buy plants and flowers has great walkways and I am going to really love that with this scooter.

I am doing so much better and I am dong all I can to enjoy life and keep improving.

Photobucket has a problem, I am trying to get a pic. here....ok think I fixed the problem.

scooter-1.jpg

Valentijn

That's great news :) It looks like it folds up pretty small ... is it one of the brands that was being discussed here in the past few months? I'd love to hear how functional it is for someone with ME, as well as how it holds up to regular use.

I've rather reluctantly given up on the hope that I'll soon be sauntering through the aisles with nary a problem when I need to go shopping, and scooters are looking like a good option. The Netherlands literally has bike paths everywhere, which are perfect for scooters. It's not uncommon to see friends or family members together on the path, one on a bike and one on a scooter :)

PS - Your dog should be a scooter model!

Sallysblooms

HEHE, Scooter model....hum, maybe.

The Scooter is the Pride Go Go Elite Traveler. It comes apart into five pieces. Most people can pick them all up fine, but I can't. Hubby does it. It cannot fit into my VW Beetle convertible though. :( But is easy to put in our SUV.

I find that when I do not overdo, I do better overall with my POTS. The CFS has not been a problem after treatment for POTS. I just can't stand or walk too long with the POTS.

Here is a link for info. http://www.pridemobility.com/gogo/gogoelitetraveller.asp

Valentijn

Awww, I liked the original photo better! The doggy was staring straight ahead, despite the distractions, like he/she was expecting it to start going somewhere :)

xchocoholic

Very nice .. I test drove that not too long ago. I had a bigger scooter for about ten years but got tired
of messing with it. It was an ordeal to get it in out of my van. I had a lift too but it took forever.

I wish I'd kept it many times afterwards tho. The ones at the stores are too cumbersome. Hindsight ..

Even tho I don't have ataxia anymore and my legs muscles are back to normal, I've found that my
energy level is better if i use one of these. I'd like one I could lift by myself tho.

Congrats .. Enjoy your outings. X

Sallysblooms

I LOVE THIS SCOOTER.:thumbsup: Here I am today buying plants. Hubby took a pic for me. It makes it so nice. I do not overdo this way. I still walk, but not as much so my POTS stays under control.:D

nusery.jpg