• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good New Blog Post by Peggy Munson

MEKoan

What a great piece this is! Thank you Peggy Munson!

What we say and how we say it matters.

We all need to speak clearly, carefully and accurately.

Koan

Stuart

Wow, wow, wow! Class Action Lawsuit!

I think we have the basis for a class action lawsuit for iotrogenic PTSD!

In fact is may be no joke, even saw a recent research paper and artcles on whether patients who have a bad experience with doctor visits where they feel either an outright rejection of the disease or symptomology, or even a Dr. who gives credence but is ineffectively giving you same useless experience of the medical system.

Is there a lawyer in the house?:mad:

dannybex

Yes thanks Jen!

Thanks for posting this. I hope she sent it directly to Mike Adams.

Adams makes some good points at times, but more often than not he's an extremist to an absurd degree, and most definitely didn't even begin to do his homework on this one.

I also hate the way he uses celebrities deaths to "prove" (not) that big pharma is "always" the enemy.

While I do try to minimize drug use as much as possible (to lessen stress on the liver, etc.) I agree with Peggy -- what works for some won't work for others, but a combination -- a balance -- of conventional drugs and more natural remedies are often the best answer to help one get by from day to day...

d.

lostinthedesert

Killer, Clown, Priestess
I love you, Peggy. Too bad this will not change the minds or the actions of the folks who she is challenging any more than it would influence my family. Nothing simple will do that. Maybe nothing at all.

Peace,
S

hvs

I think it was very smart. Let's all follow her advice to keep our eyes on the prize and stop to think when we are playing into the hands of those who do us harm to protect their fiefdoms.

Finch

Down With the Sickness
Thank you for posting this, Jenbooks! I always enjoy reading Peggy's writing, and I was actually trying to think of her name yesterday to see if she'd added anything lately. You helped me! I very much appreciated her book Stricken, but I don't know where it is. I think my Mom has it. I'll have to ask her.

mezombie

I think it was very smart. Let's all follow her advice to keep our eyes on the prize and stop to think when we are playing into the hands of those who do us harm to protect their fiefdoms.

Yes!

Let's keep in mind that everything we write on this forum and often elsewhere is accessible to anyone, including those who are chomping at the bit to discredit this new research.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
"Actual ME/CFS is, as CFIDS Association CEO Kim (Kenney) McCleary once said, like the first bars of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony:
you know it when you hear it."

I love this line. She has a knack for powerful metaphors!

Wayne

Hillary Johnson Speech

Hi Jen, Hi All,

Thanks Jen for posting this link to Peggy Munson's blog. From this blog, I clicked on "The Why" link to Hillary Johnson's speech she gave in London in May, 2009. I found it quite fascinating (and LONG), but would encourage others here to take a look. It is enough to give any dormant activism tendencies a boost! :)

http://www.oslersweb.com/work1.htm

Unfortunately, I found the format (on brown background) very problematic. So I copied it to my word processor and found it to be much easier to read.

Best to All, Wayne