• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good Morning America Gets It Right!

Phoenix Rising Team submitted a new blog post:

Good Morning America Gets It Right!

Posted by Cort Johnson
Its nice to see chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) well represented on the national stage. Dr. Donnica Moore was comfortable and poised on Good Morning America as she clearly enunciated many of the major aspects of ME/CFS. Early on she focused on post-exertional malaise - something we really need to get across. The inevitable depression question didn't come until the end and she handled it well.

She's been on the national stage before on CNN, Tyra Banks and others. The best thing, though, is that she's been nominated for the federal advisory panel on CFS (CFSAC) by the CFID's Association of America. Having this sharp and articulate women on the panel could only help. Having "Dr. Dannica" on the panel should boost the panel's visibility substantially. I sincerely hope she makes it.
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8664151
Continue reading the Original Blog Post