• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good few days!

Jessie 107

Hello everyone,
I have been ill for two years now with me it was quite gradual onset.
My symptoms are feeling like I have a virus or the flu, sore throat, swollen lymph node on one side only, fatigue, sometimes nausea, mentally forgetful and cannot concentrate for long to read, dislike of loud noise of any kind and muscles sometimes feel weak, sometimes ache and occasionally joint pain. I seem to get worse from before Christmas where I was having more bad days than good, then just felt ill every day since with maybe the odd reasonable day here and there.
I have been keeping a journal daily logging how I am feeling and what activities I have done (which hasn't been much) can no longer work, cook go shopping or do housework.
The thing is that this week I have actually had four to five good days!!! This hasn't happened for so long I can't believe it, even mentally I am so much clearer instead of in a fog. I have still been doing my resting but I don't Want to get carried away but I am wondering if I am slowly going to recover! Or is this normal? Do any of you have a few good days in a row? I'm just not used to having days like this. I don't feel completely normal but I feel like I can do a few small things like washing up, hoovering and half hour walk with my dogs without feeling like death afterwards.
The only symptom I have at the moment is the muscles in my thighs feel abit weak.
I know I not out of the woods yet but it is just so nice just to have even a few good days. Just thought I would share this with you

Sandman00747

Please don't push it too hard Jessie. Enjoy those good days but remember to be reasonable and don't overdo it! Take it from someone who pushed it many times on the good days and got payback 10x's over! It's so blissful to have some good days after a bad run. I truly hope you just might be one of the lucky ones on your way to recovery. Guard your body like a soldier on these good days and let's all hope you're on your way back to your healthy self! The very best of luck to you!

belize44

I had two fairly good days this past week, but was careful not to push too much. I cherish those days, because I have learned the hard way that one does not go for a long walk when it happens. I could easily crash myself for months by pushing too hard. I am so glad that you have had good days!:)

Funny, isn't it? A long time ago most of us were the other way around; mostly good days with a rare bad day, or a cold or flu or something. Now we only see a few good days here and there.

Sandman00747

Belize44, boy did you hit the nail on the head. Years ago I would cruise along and think I could make definite plans and the odds were good I would feel well enough to do what I had planned. Nowadays, I am always telling myself please, please, please, let me feel well enough to make it to that doctor or dentist appointment. Quite different from past years!

Jessie 107

I am going to be very careful with what I do, in my mind I am racing ahead of myself and I have had to remind myself that I still can't push even if I feel reasonable. Think I was getting carried away with myself there! But I am very grateful for the days like this, it does make me feel more positive about the future.
I know what you mean about having a appointment and hoping to feel well enough to attend, I don't like to make too many plans either as nine times out of ten I know I will feel ill. Such a frustrating illness.

belize44

I am going to be very careful with what I do, in my mind I am racing ahead of myself and I have had to remind myself that I still can't push even if I feel reasonable. Think I was getting carried away with myself there! But I am very grateful for the days like this, it does make me feel more positive about the future.
I know what you mean about having a appointment and hoping to feel well enough to attend, I don't like to make too many plans either as nine times out of ten I know I will feel ill. Such a frustrating illness.
Just last December, we had made reservations to see a play and I got sick the night before. Fortunately they were willing to refund our money provided they were able to sell our tickets.

Shoshana

Northern USA
@Jessie 107

I am happy that you are having some better days!

I hope you will have more of them. !

I do think it is possible
that you could improve,
or you could also possibly have some length of time of better days,
even months, before another episode.

Enjoy it while you can, and hope it will continue.

But I agree with the others that it is best to not overdo,
that would increase likelihood of setback.

And temper hopes a little too.

Still I AM glad you have the enjoyment of functioning a bit better!

@belize44
Sorry you did not get to go to that play.

Yes, a very frustrating and confusing illness!