• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Good day bad day .. a puzzle. Help

I am housebound since February. A good day involves struggling out of bed, usually enough strength to get dressed. I goto my parents who feed me as I don’t have enough energy to feed myself. This is about a 600 step day. Into there car, rest 8 hours only waking to bathroom and into there car and into my bed. Repeat. Bad day (next day) is very weak in the morning, wife dresses me, throw up from fatigue and nausea, goto parents, spend 8 hellish hours on the couch. Come home. The next day my strength comes back and it’s a good day again.

The only variable I’ve found is I am on cipralex ssri for depression and anxiety and coping . When I dropped the dose from 20mg to 15 mg, the nausea and vomiting on bad days stopped. In fact I figured this out by accidentally missing a dose one day. I feel like there is toxicity or fatigue associated with ssri but I would need a second opinion from someone here

My sleep is good 8-9 hours a night since the ssri kicked in back in March

At a loss

Help

I am wondering. Can your parents go to your place to help you out?
My mother in law lives in our basement suite so i have been lucky to get her help with dinners during the week.

I am not on an SSRI but i feel toxic and fatigued regularly. I get like that because of just being tired. The more tired i am the more toxic i feel. I know SSRIs can make you feel tired. Good you are sleeping through the night. You can also play with timing of taking it. Im assuming you take in evening ? Maybe try a little earlier in evening so some of that fstigue doesnt spill into the next day. Just a thought.

Im thinking of going on amitryptiline low dose at night for sleep.

Runner5

I went off all psych meds but the withdrawal was very severe. If you decide to go off meds see if your doc will help -- mine would not and luckily I found a support group on Facebook that really helped me out and helped me understand tapering. :D

I went off all psych meds but the withdrawal was very severe. If you decide to go off meds see if your doc will help -- mine would not and luckily I found a support group on Facebook that really helped me out and helped me understand tapering. :D

I hope you fired that do-nothing "doctor" right there On The Spot ! I know I did, more than once.

I was put on several anti-depressants some were for their side effect of reliving headaches and sometimes for mood. ALL of them made me WORSE. Some made me more angry, some turned me into a complete zombie. I couldn't tolerate them.

But due to my severe headaches and facial pain they were looking for a medication to help ease the pain and allow me to sleep. The only thing that helped is Endep (amitriptyline), currently on 25mg. This drug is mainly used to treat depression, anxiety and trouble sleeping. However, it also has other uses.

In my case it helps me to sleep, reduced my facial pain significantly and I no longer wake up from severe headaches. It may have also slightly increased my energy. I don't know if this medicine would be for you, that is up to you and your doctor to decide.

My GP is excellent, thank God. He started me on a lower dose and slowly increased the dose to the lowest most effective dose. He never gives me a high dose right a way. He always gradually increases or decreases the medication as I am going on or off them.