• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GMC suspends Nigel Speight

Large Donner

Pretty sure it's still Esther Crawley, she of the miraculous cures and coincidental new diagnoses of psychiatric disorders supposedly featuring exactly the same symptoms as the "cured" disease :p

Thats interesting, her cure works on physical diseases but not on behavioral disorders.

Either that or the evidence proves it works on neither.

Doesn't that prove her CBT GET and LP to be a failure in itself and therefore she can release herself from any more studies funded by the public purse.

Bob

Dr Speight has kindly asked people not to assemble or sign petitions in his name, as he is worried about impact on his case, which is ongoing.

Please do not assemble or sign petitions regarding Dr Speight, and please spread this information on any other platforms on which you are active. I know everyone means to help, but this is not the wish of the doctor himself.

Thanks,

Jaime

JaimeS

Thank you, Bob. I've removed the petition from #MEAction. I'm sorry to the person who posted it, but we spoke with the Dr and he specifically asked us at #MEAction not to do this.

I apologize to the people who signed, as well.

However, let's wait and see what the doctor needs before we act.

Jaime

Kati

Patient in training
Just wanted to update folks regarding the group card that 1080 of you signed, Dr Speight has received it and said he wish he could thank each one of you!

Dr Speight, if you read this, please know that we are all behind you!

Last edited:

Large Donner

This is great news. Its so shocking that Esther Crawly is well documented all over the net by parent testimony to have caused harm to peoples children yet shes just continues to get away with it.

It basically comes down to this, Crawley is prepared to play dirty games and use her position to blacken the names of parents so they are wary of reporting her to the GMC lest an investigation of themselves be the outcome to resolve the "differences" between the parent and the physician.

Jo Best

Fantastic news. I don't suppose the GMC will go a step further and investigate why he was reported in the first place, and, if by another doctor, investigate their motivation and their medical practices.
Just posted by Invest in ME Research on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/IIMERESEARCH/posts/2067214646637393
From that page on IiME Research website -
We saw no action, or interest, from the GMC when the Smile Study was proposed and underway.
Not wanting to derail on to the topic of the NICE surveillance review or EC but I noticed NICE referenced the letter from the GMC in reply to complaints raised against EC in relation to the SMILE trial: https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/CG53/documents/surveillance-review-proposal
Topic expert highlighted that the General Medical Council (GMC) has stated that there is no evidence to prove differences or similarities between children and adults with ME (57 refs this: https://frownatsmile.wordpress.com/2011/05/26/gmc-says-case-closed/)

charles shepherd

Nigel has asked if I could post this message on social media for him:

"I am very happy to announce that, after an 18 month investigation over my ME related work, the GMC have decided to close the case with no action taken. I would like to thank everyone who gave me moral support and glowing testimonials to help me over this time. It really helped

Best wishes to all in the ME community"

Nigel Speight

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Nigel has asked if I could post this message on social media for him:

"I am very happy to announce that, after an 18 month investigation over my ME related work, the GMC have decided to close the case with no action taken. I would like to thank everyone who gave me moral support and glowing testimonials to help me over this time. It really helped

Best wishes to all in the ME community"

Nigel Speight
'Like' is inefficient here.