• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glutathione test results - GSH now normal !

nanonug

Neomycin combined with erythromycin is a nice combination for SIBO. This combo also leaves bacteroides intact. While rifiaximin annihilates bacteroides.

This is great info, thanks. And Saccharomyces boulardii is something I never do without when taking antibiotics!

By the way, do you know what the typical dosage protocols are for neomycin and erythromycin? I am feeling lazy and decided to ask you instead of doing my own research! :D

hixxy

This is great info, thanks. And Saccharomyces boulardii is something I never do without when taking antibiotics!

By the way, do you know what the typical dosage protocols are for neomycin and erythromycin? I am feeling lazy and decided to ask you instead of doing my own research! :D

Well the dosing that got me absorbing again last year was sort of catered to my own fragility.

I only took:

500mg neomycin breakfast and dinner
250mg erythromycin breakfast and dinner

I think normal dosing is 3 times a day though. I was on this long term, but most people shouldn't need long term. My MCS actually improved early on this treatment, but certain factors later on caused me to collapse again.

hixxy

hixxy

Does anyone know what is more reliable plasma glutathione levels (which I think HDRI panel uses?) or RBC glutathione levels?

hixxy

nanonug

Does anyone know what is more reliable plasma glutathione levels (which I think HDRI panel uses?) or RBC glutathione levels?

Shouldn't plasma give you a picture of what is happening at the time of collection while RBC gives a picture of the last few months?