• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

glutathione IV question

Daffodil

hi all. my doc recommended 600 mg IV Glutathione, twice a week for a month.

since i am pretty poor at this point, i contacted many naturopaths for prices. i told one that i was on disability so he said he would do it for $40. but then i contacted many others, who quoted me anywhere from $85 to $200 per session. this sort of price difference makes me nervous. i am paranoid now and wondering why one doctor is willing to do it so cheaply.

i did check him out and it looks like he is a legit naturopathic doctor though.

can anyone tell me how much this normally costs?

thanks a lot

*GG*

Oh, this reminds me of my Dr prescribing IV treatment, Myers Cocktail actuallly. His office did not take any insurance, so I went to another Medical establishment that took my insurance which defrayed the cost of the treatments to a co-pay!

GG

leela

The markup is often quite big on IV stuff. It sounds like ND guy might be just offering it to you at cost, which is nice.
Glutathione is usually a 10- minute push, not a drip, so you're not in the chair for a very long time. The range of quotes you got might have been
to include drips, which can go for hours.

The place I go GSH push is $80 + $30 to access my port (outrageous markup.). I think $45 sounds about right for wholesale plus a wee fee for the ND.