• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Global Viral Forecasting

Sing

You can listen to an interview on NPR with Nathan Wolf, a microbiologist who started Global Viral Forecasting and wrote, The Viral Storm: The Dawn of a New Pandemic Age.
This is about the new viruses and retroviruses. I am just tuning into the show, so I can't report further, but I think this would be of interest. Check it out on Fresh Air, Tuesday, October 18.

http://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/

Sing

So now I listened to the whole program. Thought is was very well done--I recommend it. A few ideas: Most of the viruses and retroviruses which affect us come from animals. And, they have identified
a number of new retroviruses. And, there are any number of unidentified viruses and retroviruses out there, most of which do not harm us.