• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GI Effects vs CSA

soulfeast

MD pointed out that the GI Effects panel only showed elevated predominant bacteria which is naturally part of the GI tract.. does not indicate a problematic strep or mycoplasma for instance.. this makes me wonder how good a test this is? I know Dr Amy Yasko uses a CSA with a GI Panel and I when I did test with her once, sure enough, the CSA picked out specific bugs that the GI panel could or did not. What's the benefit of each panel or is the GI Panel a waste of time?

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I am just now trying to decide wheter a CSA or the GI effects would be the best idea, because I want to order one. Obviously both would be optimal but its that necessary? Hope someone can chime in and solve our doubts!

invisiblejungle

I did both tests around the same time, and I found both of them to be valuable. Since they use different testing methodologies, the results can be somewhat different. One test might pick up something that the other test doesn't.

For example, the GI Effects showed Yeast/Fungi at +2 (Saccharomyces). However, the CSA showed Saccharomyces and Candida Sphericans at +4. The GI Effects picked up blastocytis, but the CSA didn't.

Which one is better? I don't know! :redface: