• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting the XMRV news out

MEG

-I am hoping many of us can be pro-active in getting the news out regarding the Whittemore Peterson Institute and XMRV. (XAND)

I simply called our local paper today and spoke with a reporter in the newsroom. I told her a new virus (XMRV) has been linked to CFS and cited the wesites of the Whittemore Peterson Institutes and Solve CFS/CFIDS. A big influence was citing that the NY Times, LA Times and Science magazine had released articles on Friday. I was transferred to the health editor and left my name and address. What if we all called our local newspapers? Think of the impact.

I was also thinking of contacting my local American red Cross and asking what they will be doing to protect our nations blood supply? Just some "innocent" questions to get things going. We can do it.