• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting serious about Heavy Metal Detox?

Hip

According to this study, EDTA chelation therapy increases circulation to the brain.

So it could be that the benefits you have obtained from EDTA therapy arise not just from heavy metal detox, but also this increase in cerebral blood flow. Blood flow to the brain is known to be compromised in ME/CFS.

I read that EDTA also helps stabilize mitochondrial membranes.

What aspects of your ME/CFS would you say EDTA chelation has improved (fatigue, brain fog, sound sensitivity, PEM)? And did the improvements manifest immediately after your three EDTA chelation sessions?

Do you know that there is a form of EDTA that you can use as a suppository, which is much easier than having intravenous EDTA therapy: this suppository form is magnesium di-potassium EDTA, which one company sells as a product called Medicardium.

The vendors also say here that magnesium di-potassium EDTA has the effect of reducing sympathetic nervous system activity, and increasing parasympathetic nervous system activity, which if true should be beneficial for ME/CFS.