• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

getting chills after niacin flush

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I usually get chilly after the niacin flush has subsided. I wonder ifL

1) most everybody with CFS also gets that effect?
2) most everybody without CFS also gets that effect?

...and whether the low body temp that a lot of people with CFS have is really due to excess histamine?

Last edited:

drob31

To test your histamine theory, have you tried taking DAO with meals as well as antihistamines like Allegra or even diphenhydramine at night?

I ask because I'm trying to figure out the source of my high cortisol "adrenal fatigue," and currently I'm looking into histamines.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
To test your histamine theory, have you tried taking DAO with meals as well as antihistamines like Allegra or even diphenhydramine at night?

I ask because I'm trying to figure out the source of my high cortisol "adrenal fatigue," and currently I'm looking into histamines.
High histamine foods don't bother me, and so I've never tried DAO. Methylated folate and B12 didn't affect me at all, so I experienced no reduced serum histamine from that approach.

I have a sibling with MTHFR and I figure that's the reason that I have elevated histamine --- I flush tremendously from niacin, but hardly at all after quercetin or other flavonoids. It's a very dramatic difference, I recommend that to everybody as a self-demonstration.

Pre-CFS, diphenhydramine at night would leave me feeling logy all the next day. Now, I feel normal the next day.