• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

German member willing to help me buy something I can't overhere?

Sundancer

well, thread title says it all really.

After two days of definitely feeling more "off" then usual a ylmfeknot started to swell.
Not the usual one that become swollen when I get Pemmed, another one.
Plus this is not pem, feels totally different

It hurts quite a bit, and keeps swelling, think it's getting warm too and I feel a little feverish. Unusual for me. i do not run a fever, I haven't had a fever for years.

Now my former GP had a nice herbal salve for such occasions...but I cannot buy it in Germany.... German people can, but I cannot. I think big brother the dutch government, bless their stupid little souls, is prohibiting me from buying that salve. They do not like people to use other things then the regular meds.

so, any German around here who wants to buy that salve for me and send it through to me.

would make me happy

the question why this is happening, what is happening in my body is floating around here. I don't know. maybe my immunesystem that had been asleep for years, is waking up due to the use of B12...
could be it, sort of hope for that. Anything else would be less nice

If it is worse tomorrow ( feels like that) i think I'll call GP. But he will not have useful suggestions I think.
This feels like sitting it out and cuddling myself, herbal tea, and rest...lots of rest. feel like lying down which i had grown out of

I wish I'd be ten years back in time, then I'd call former GP, he would order this salve and the matter would be solved easily

Sundancer

yes, you can get it online several places. But when you get to paying you'll find they will not send to the Netherlands. ( you then get either only Germany as in the link given above, or a drop down menu with about every country in the world...except us Dutchies) I tried 3 of them yesterday then gave up and posted here.

Probably due to the fact that the dutch rules for herbal remedies are restrictive and getting more restrictive by the year.:mad:

I would very much like if someone would help me with this, because there are several remedies that I've been using for many, many years that can be bought there, but apparently not by dutch people.
One of them being something against a special sort of awful belly-ache, I still have that bottle, to be used when needed. But after my GP retired, I've looked online and thought, when bottle is empty I simply buy me a new bottle in Germany. Well, it is not as simple as that I now find out.

Swelling has gone a bit down overnight, so that is something, doesn't hurt as much.
called GP and there is not some virus floating around so that a lot of people have this. So I still wonder why this popped up

Wonkmonk

yes, you can get it online several places. But when you get to paying you'll find they will not send to the Netherlands.

Did you try Amazon? Afaik, they are shipping everywhere in Europe. There are two sellers:

https://www.amazon.de/ARCHANGELICA-COMP-Salbe-25-Salbe/dp/B01E69BZTK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1529504281&sr=8-3&keywords=Archangelica Comp.salbe

https://www.amazon.de/ARCHANGELICA-COMP-Salbe-25-g-Salbe/dp/B00DIWI126/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529504311&sr=8-2&keywords=Archangelica Comp.salbe

I got stuff from the Netherlands that can't be sold in Germany via Amazon (e.g. high-dose Vitamin A, which in Germany needs a prescription).

If it doesn't work with Amazon, you might also contact these sellers directly and ask them if they can ship it to you directly. Contact details are here:

https://www.amazon.de/sp?_encoding=...A3KKDH0SNTRR5Q&tab=shipping&vasStoreID=#rates

https://www.amazon.de/sp?_encoding=...=ALJM1MBC6BJXS&tab=shipping&vasStoreID=#rates

I can also give you the contact details of International Pharmacies in Germany who are selling things from abroad in Germany. It probably also works the other way round, i.e. they can ship to the Netherlands (for a fee of course).

Sundancer

thanks a lot @Wonkmonk

never thought of amazon, never bought something there.

Took about all my brainpower to make an account, ordered it and now I go back to lie down.

Called GP, he'll visit me tomorrow morning, feel sick, all things ME are coming back cause of this.

you've been a great help

Wishful

Can you get some fresh angelica and make your own salve? It's hardly a rare or proscribed herb. You could also experiment with it as a food or tea. The import ban is probably protectionist, to make you buy local products.

Moof

Keep an eye on those lymph glands anyway – they rarely swell for no reason at all. If you feel worse, or no better after a week, go back to the GP and ask whether s/he thinks you need any tests.

Sundancer

bit vertical again, GP comes tomorrow. I haven't been able to visit him since I'm ill. In normal mode I'm hardly able to care for myself, things like cooking, dishwashing and somtimes taking shower take up all I have.

Even though to the old, healthy me, making my own salve would have appealed, now I can't.

I have no idea what he'll say or think but want him to see it and how I've deteriorated, he hasn't seen me when i was bedbound ( had another doctor then)

I do not know why this happens, there could be a dental problem underlying it.

But also, it could be that my immunesystem is waking up and kicking up a fuss.

Or something else

I'll just wait and see what happens, can't do anything else anyway, but refuse to be worried about it.

Just feel sick

Sundancer

GP was here, good guy. He asked some good questions, took my temp ( wow, I've got a temp, it's a little higher, haven't had that for years) and says it looks like a viral infection.

Interestingly he had the same hypothesis as I have, that after all these years the immunesystem is trying to do something. This midday the sinuses started to produce much snot too

all the same feel very sick and bit scared to become bedbound again.

pain I can handle as long as I do not eat, but found that softboiled eggs go in, and remembered some soup left in the freezer.

the no salt regimen is decidedly bad for OI too

so i'll go on and hope I can sleep tonight, the 3 hours of last night were not encouraging, but who knows..I'll take some extra sleeping aids.