• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genova testing for NY resident

Hello folks,

I am a lurker here. My son has autism and I am always here reading up on various issues, since I feel the issues correlate so well.

I am about to run CDSA 2.0 with Genova and OAT with The Great Plains Labs. Both the requisition forms mention limitations for NY residents. A couple of tests aren't available on CDSA whereas OAT wouldn't be performed AT ALL. (Thank you NY legislators for making life even more difficult.)

I will post these samples from another state, but how does one do with the insurance? I have high deductible HSA Unites Healthcare, and the information on both the website is not clear (to me). I do plan to call them, but until then, if anybody has info at hand, would love to hear.

Many thanks in advance.

melamine

I will post these samples from another state, but how does one do with the insurance?

@deltaforce - I had to do the same thing and did not even check into whether my insurance covered. As far as I can see, anything else would amount to fraudulent misrepresentation of one kind or another. Sorry. My insurance did not even cover any part of a very expensive trip to Mayo Clinic because those are their rules.