• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genova detoxification profile - cost?

Genova lists no prices on their website and wouldn't tell me anything on the phone (personally I find this disturbing ) ...cost is an issue so I really need to price check B4 I consider ordering anything.
Anyone do this test and can tell me the cost? can you mention in what year so I have some idea if it may have gone up some
??

any help appreciated :(
I am exploring tetsts to try to understand what my Liver phase 1 and 2 are doing. (I am the kind of person that has found almost any supplements "toxic" or completely unhelpful so B4 I start tweaking my liver I thought this would be a good thing to clarify.)

Learner1

It depends on where you live and your insurance plan.

In the US, they have list prices for all of their tests, which are quite expensive. They have an Easy Pay program, which is around 8-20% of the various tests, which you pay up front by credit card. They bill your insurance and you pay no more if you have done the Easy Pay. If you haven't done it, it will be far more expensive.

You need to get pricing from your doctor.

Also, what detox test are you talking about? The NutrEval FMV with Amino Acids is what I've used to monitor my detox pathways. It's excellent and has been extremely valuable in customizing a protocol for detoxing as well as trapping a lot of interesting ptoblrmd related to ME/CFS. The list price runs $1600-$2100 but I've been paying $149-$189, Which is a fantastic value for the info it provides.

If you do it, make sure every step in collecting and shipping samples is followed exactly. I take all my usual supplements beforehand.

There are cheaper ways of doing this.
The NutrEval is far more useful.

thanks

what is the advantage of NutrEval? does it help you understand phase 1 and phase 2?
Is this the test where you have to take things like aspirin and coffee?

I The NutrEval FMV with Amino Acids is what I've used to monitor my detox pathways. It's excellent and has been extremely valuable in customizing a protocol for detoxing as well as trapping a lot of interesting ptoblrmd related to ME/CFS. The list price runs $1600-$2100 but I've been paying $149-$189, Which is a fantastic value for the info it provides.

If you do it, make sure every step in collecting and shipping samples is followed exactly. I take all my usual supplements beforehand.

NutrEval FMV with Amino Acids also cannot be ordered or sent from NY :(

My mother, who is in Medicare, has had them pay for it 3 times. You may want to call Genova and see how to go about it.

wow! it was Genova that said it wasn't covered. Maybe I should call medicare....thanks
I still can't get it sent to or from NY so that is another obstacle...

thanks again for the info

On Genova's site they say that they take Medicare Advantage but don't mention government Medicare.
I asked about the particular test, I saw CPT codes (so it could be billed to insurance, some things can't)
and thought that meant Medicare would cover, they said no...but I will check again