• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Genetic Genie Reports - request for assistance please

vlc

If any experienced members can find the time to help me better understand my Genetic Genie reports I would be most grateful. I'm rather overwhelmed with the information presently.
Thank you!
genetic genie methylation.PNG

[/ATTACH]
genetic genie detox.PNG

alicec

There's very little there of any concern.

The ones that do something are

MTHFR A1298C, +/-, a very small slowing of the enzyme. A small dose of methyl folate could be helpful, plus the cofactor for the enzyme vit B2.

MTRR A66G and K350A both slow the enzyme, but +/- would have a small effect. A small dose of methyl B12 could be helpful.

The MAOA +/+ means nothing in itself but there are a lot of confusing claims about it. Here is a post about that SNP.

Some of the flagged detox SNPs do have a small effect but it is often combinations that are relevant.

I suggest you run your results through Promethease which has a much more extensive analysis and does deal with some of the detox combinations.

Here is a recent thread which gives some perspective on SNP analysis.

There are lots of threads about different SNPs. Just search on the genetic analysis forum.

Last edited:

JES

You only have two homozygous SNPs (marked red), congrats! It's probably the lowest I've seen from screenshots posted here (I have 9). The only thing I would look at is MTHFR A1298C and even that is not as much of a concern as it's heterozygous, apparently some 40% of population has this. But a small dosage of methylfolate could be trialed.