Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Genetic Genie Reports - request for assistance please

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by vlc, Apr 29, 2016.

1. vlc

vlc

If any experienced members can find the time to help me better understand my Genetic Genie reports I would be most grateful. I'm rather overwhelmed with the information presently.
    Thank you!
    genetic genie methylation.PNG

[/ATTACH] genetic genie detox.PNG

2. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    There's very little there of any concern.

The ones that do something are

MTHFR A1298C, +/-, a very small slowing of the enzyme. A small dose of methyl folate could be helpful, plus the cofactor for the enzyme vit B2.

MTRR A66G and K350A both slow the enzyme, but +/- would have a small effect. A small dose of methyl B12 could be helpful.

The MAOA +/+ means nothing in itself but there are a lot of confusing claims about it. Here is a post about that SNP.

Some of the flagged detox SNPs do have a small effect but it is often combinations that are relevant.

I suggest you run your results through Promethease which has a much more extensive analysis and does deal with some of the detox combinations.

Here is a recent thread which gives some perspective on SNP analysis.

There are lots of threads about different SNPs. Just search on the genetic analysis forum.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Valentijn likes this.
  3. JES

JES Senior Member

You only have two homozygous SNPs (marked red), congrats! It's probably the lowest I've seen from screenshots posted here (I have 9). The only thing I would look at is MTHFR A1298C and even that is not as much of a concern as it's heterozygous, apparently some 40% of population has this. But a small dosage of methylfolate could be trialed.

Penn likes this.
  4. vlc

vlc

Thank you both for your responses.

See more popular forum discussions.