• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF yogurt in the UK?

snowathlete

So, I've not really read all the GcMAF yogurt stuff because the few bits I have read were about it in the US. Can you get it in the UK at all? Or make it over here or whatever?

ukxmrv

If you mean MAF878 and MAF314 yes it is available to / in the UK.

Mixture of different sources.

MAF314. There are Cheney patients who buy the cultures through him and make up their own in the UK. Then there are other patients who have been taught by the Austrian doctor who buy the cultures from her and make their own in the UK.

MAF878. Dr Enlander did make this available to the UK but with limited sucess. Some of the containers broke or leaked on the way. He did stop sending the yoghurt for a while when it was high summer and I don't know if he ever restarted.

snowathlete

Thanks ukxmrv, that's what I meant. Any idea how much the 314 costs?

I'm probably going to give one of these a go.

ukxmrv

Hi Snowathlete,

Sorry I don't have the current costings. Roughly (and one of the patients making this may be able to advise better) you'll need to pay for

1. Consultation with Dr in Austria. The patients I know have travelled to see her but I'm told she does Skype as well.
2. The cultures (around Euro 1000 for 6 months was the last quote I had)
3. Equipment to make the yoghurt
4. Colostrum
http://www.colostrum.de/
or Kirkmans (the Nutricentre has this)
5. Milk etc