• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gcmaf-reactions and side effects

lobba123

if you increase the vit d 25OH you decrease the 1.25oh, they are inversely correlated you dont increase it by taking vit d supplements but decrease it....unless gcmaf is not gcmaf but different form or activity

P.S. How can you say that GcMAF doesn't work on vit D ?
i take 5000-10000iu since april and others on gcmaf.eu take the same, one on lyme keeps his vit d25oh at 95ng/ml, everybody on gcmaf.eu trials supplements vit d and noone had a single minimum problem.i myself just noticed a rise of about 10ng/ml the first weeks of gcmaf and then tried to stop supplements thinking it could raise or keep stable parameters but vt d strted to go down after 3 weeks, so i restarted immediately
anyway if you can afford you can try the assayed gcmaf which is reported no sides otherwise you have to keep this one which is not indipendently assayed and cant be used with vit D.

on gcmaf.eu we are also taking closer injections every 3 days or double doses because it is giving better results on viral infections like hiv

KDM seems not agree too much with supplementing vit d becouse it make 1,25 vit d worse (too hight level)

My level of vit d 25 oh is quite low 26 [10 -100] but my 1,25 vit d is too high (over the upper limit) .

I asked KDM if I had to supplement vit d and he answered me not becouse of 1,25 vit d problem..

P.S. How can you say that GcMAF doesn't work on vit D ? GcMAF is the protein that work as vit d receptor and it works directly on 1,25 vit d

Bye

Daniel

mojoey

The more I read, the more I agree with you lobba123. I get the feeling that if David Noakes had some semblance of PR sensibilities, the "arms race" would've been over by now.

I have not been able to hear a single explanation for why KDM shouldn't or isn't able to get the independent assay done. That's all I will say, because I know there are many that highly respect him (and I highly respect many parts of his approach too, just not his refusal to get his GcMAF assayed, his refusal to take c4a as seriously as I think he should, and blaming non-resolving inflammation on roundabout reasoning such as lymphocyte deficiency).

Let's move on.

Many of the LLMDs are also supplementing vit D with gcmaf.eu and apparently not having issues. In fact, it's the opposite: they are saying the supplementation of vit D is more critical than VDR in predicting response.

So far we're not hearing of many lyme patients that are getting the inflammatory storm that KDM patients are.

Time will tell which product is best, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the one that's been confirmed by Ruggiero, one of the world's foremost authorities on what is real GcMAF.

disclaimer: Im not taking any of these (yet)

I[BOOK][/BOOK]
Hi Samina,
someone on the long maf thread said her husband had that burning feeling all down his back while he wataking maf. I get a bad feeking in the kidney area. My kidney results are allnormal so I dont know about it.

I have had bad breast pain and stinging since starting maf. The pain goes into under arm sometimes too but mostly in lower breast. I get groin pain too. It would be a great help if anyone could tell me if they felt anything similar or whether its normal or not while on gcmaf.

Thanks,
Sphynx on roundabouts.
I too have had the back pain in my kidney area, groin, breast and underarm area. I have also had sore throat, headaches, nausea in the evening, dizziness insomnia (but already had that) just seems the. Klonopin isn't working as well now. Only done three injections but seems to be reactivating my viruses and bacterial infections but here this is a good sign it is working. I took .25 ml for first dose and my skin started itching all over about 30 minutes later but only lasted about 30 minutes. My 2nd dose I only took .1 ml and felt much better. Less side effects. Just did my 3rd shot about 2 hours ago. So far so good. Hope this works for all of you. Good luck.

Overstressed

The more I read, the more I agree with you lobba123. I get the feeling that if David Noakes had some semblance of PR sensibilities, the "arms race" would've been over by now.

I have not been able to hear a single explanation for why KDM shouldn't or isn't able to get the independent assay done. That's all I will say, because I know there are many that highly respect him (and I highly respect many parts of his approach too, just not his refusal to get his GcMAF assayed, his refusal to take c4a as seriously as I think he should, and blaming non-resolving inflammation on roundabout reasoning such as lymphocyte deficiency).

Let's move on.

Many of the LLMDs are also supplementing vit D with gcmaf.eu and apparently not having issues. In fact, it's the opposite: they are saying the supplementation of vit D is more critical than VDR in predicting response.

So far we're not hearing of many lyme patients that are getting the inflammatory storm that KDM patients are.

Time will tell which product is best, but if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the one that's been confirmed by Ruggiero, one of the world's foremost authorities on what is real GcMAF.

disclaimer: Im not taking any of these (yet)

Hi mojoey,

I just want to comment on 'to Vit-D or not': all I can say is to be careful with it. After reading Lobba's experiences on supplementing with Vit-D, I decided to add(to Gc-Maf) Vit-D too. I must say, it was not the best decision I took, lately. I had the feeling that it worked...contraproductive, i.e. increasing the autoimmune component. I got these small pitches on my fingernails(psoriasis), severe sore throat, joint&muscle pains, eye pain, feeling fatigue...

I decided to stop the Vit-D supplementation, and slowly, my immune system is recovering. I must admit, at that time, I had two occasions where I drank way too much alcohol. Alcohol is known to lower your immune system. So, perhaps I'm discrediting the Vit-D's, but I don't think it's the case. I had also periods before, where I added Vit-D, and it improved my condition heavily. I think, Vit-D is at least a double-edged sword thing...

Take care,
OS.

lobba123

alcool definitely impairs immune system, there was a study lately on dentric cells imparment on alcool.having nagalase high and inactive macrophages and alcool impairing dentric cells there are almost no tools left for immune system to sense

the problem is in CFS vit d might work complitely different than on other illnesses who knows or you were just clearing pathogens, anyway i dont know if that can be good on cfs but on all other viral diseases vit d has also direct antivirals effect.i am now on about 10000iu daily and 70ng/ml serum and feeling very well.my father which has no diseases but high cholesterol and high glucose just got glucose to normal by vit d 85ng/ml, my sister has hbv too and just got hbvdna replication down by more than 50% with vit d 75ng/ml, same thing is happening on all hbvers on vit d and also cirrhosis and fibrosis development in the liver is blocked by normal vit d>50ng/ml.on us it works on so many things with no bad effects but i have no idea on cfs

Hi mojoey,

I just want to comment on 'to Vit-D or not': all I can say is to be careful with it. After reading Lobba's experiences on supplementing with Vit-D, I decided to add(to Gc-Maf) Vit-D too. I must say, it was not the best decision I took, lately. I had the feeling that it worked...contraproductive, i.e. increasing the autoimmune component. I got these small pitches on my fingernails(psoriasis), severe sore throat, joint&muscle pains, eye pain, feeling fatigue...

I decided to stop the Vit-D supplementation, and slowly, my immune system is recovering. I must admit, at that time, I had two occasions where I drank way too much alcohol. Alcohol is known to lower your immune system. So, perhaps I'm discrediting the Vit-D's, but I don't think it's the case. I had also periods before, where I added Vit-D, and it improved my condition heavily. I think, Vit-D is at least a double-edged sword thing...

Take care,
OS.

lobba123

only kdm cfs patients are having problems, on other diseases with different gcmaf we have 70-80ng/ml vit d25oh serum levels and supplementing about 10000iu daily with no trouble whatsoever

also maf314 is reporting no sides at all from what i've heard from professor ruggiero

Some patients have gotten very sick supplementing vit D w gcmaf

lobba123

only kdm cfs patients are having problems, on other diseases with different gcmaf we have 70-80ng/ml vit d25oh serum levels and supplementing about 10000iu daily with no trouble whatsoever

also maf314 is reporting no sides at all from what i've heard from professor ruggiero

Some patients have gotten very sick supplementing vit D w gcmaf

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Several of Cheney's CFS patients too--using a different source of GcMAF. Also some of Cheney's patients have side effects with MAF 314. The different illnesses may cause the different reactions.

Best,
Sushi

Michael Dessin

Several of Cheney's CFS patients too--using a different source of GcMAF. Also some of Cheney's patients have side effects with MAF 314. The different illnesses may cause the different reactions.

Best,
Sushi

Totally agree...Us CFSers are a different breed for sure..we seem to go against the grain with everything

xrunner

I've been on maf314 for two weeks.
From day3 I've started experiencing slight headaches (v. unusual for me), neck and low back pain and feeling quite tired and rough.
It kicks in after about a couple of hours and it goes on for much of the day then it gets better until the next portion.

Has anybody had this?
I went back in the threads but I seemed to come across only posts from people getting better.
I heard from my dr that in some people it can cause a reactivation of herpes for some days or other minor adjustments but not other effects, probably patients have different problems.

But some positives too: deeper sleep, less adrenaline, I think it may also stimulate male hormones...

mellster

Marco
I started KMAF and reduced the number of drops due to (also unusual) headaches and flu-like symptoms, but it usually gets better until the next portion. Otherwise I feel pretty good (esp. my stomach seems to be almost normal), but I am not sure whether KMAF can be compared to GcMAF or MAF314.

Nielk

The fact that there are now at least three forms of maf is really confusing. I one is deliberating about trying it, how does one chose which one to try?

mellster

Marco
Nielk, KMAF is the cheapest and easiest to take (homeopathic drops), but also the least verified and newest addition - although it carries Dr Klinghardt's seal of approval :) Also KMAf you can import from Europe without MD prescription or supervision, though it is strongly recommend that you get tested by a doc first and regularly as there is no guaranteed safe dose - they always mention the "muscle test", not sure if this is nagalase or something else, but if MAF does what it's advertised at, i.e. raising immune function / NK/CD cells and restoring gut function, then I don't see why you could just get standard immune function lab tests to track changes/progress if you don't have access to a specialized CFS-MD (which most of us don't). But just wanted to reiterate that MD supervision is strongly recommended :)

Has anyone had the headache and insomnia?

"I did ask specifically about this when I started Gcmaf, and was told by KDM and th nurse that headache and insomnia were signs to look out as this would indicate that the body had problems tolerating the treatment." from previous submission

Does anyone know what problems were indicated by the insomnia and if the sleepless and headache eventually resolved?

Daffodil

Hairloss on GcMAF?

hi all. i have done 8 shots of GcMAF so far. I am noticing some hairloss.

i spoke to someone who said he did very well on GcMAF for a year or so, but actually stopped the drug due to all the hair he was losing.

i wonder if this could be an auto-immune reaction of some sort...

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi everyone,

I am on GcMaf since mid august. And I haven't notice no side effects. No specific problems except that I am more irritable sometimes. I am also taking nexavir. My GcMaf come from KDM.
I think it depends on the doses, and the kind of ME we have.
I write this post just to say that for some people, there is no side effect.
Have a good day

Clodomir