• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
As you know, I'm in the same boat as you with the high 1,25D. If/when I move from Homeo-KMAF to GcMAF, I have no intention of taking any Vit D supplements!

I'm wondering if this thinking (to supplement with Vit D) is partly because most doctors don't test 1,25D and assume that "low" 25D also means low 1,25D...???

Sym-
Dr. Cheney was adament about not taking Vit D with GcMAF. Sent me E-mail over weekend. As they are synergistic. Also rec Colostrum from Kirkman Labs instead of Immune Globulin shots. It is working.!!!

San Diego

Xandoff

Michael
Hi All,

I don't want to muddy up the conversation about D3 and GcMAF. I was told by David Noakes at GcMAF that there are different strengths of GcMAF on the market today. He recommends that if you are using GcmAF from GcMAF.eu you should continue with your supplement of D3 as GcMAF works on your D3 recepter. Now with my brain fog and cognitive issues I could have gotten this wrong, but when I returned to my D3 supplement I felt better. I take a 2.5ml of GcMAF from GcMAF.eu once a week and continue to supplement my 10,000 I.U.'s of D3, or 5000 I,.U.'s twice a day. I was defeceinct in Vitamin D3 two years ago and I was then taking 3,000 I.U.'s of D3 a day! Hope this helps. Also, my ME CFS Doctor in Western Mass concurs to continue D3.

Shoesies

Shoesies- What did Dr. Brad do on your first visit? Did you feel he was up on treatments, when are you to do follow-up??? Were you already on GcMAF when you went there???

Hope for your improvement

San Diego

He went over past labs, symptoms and issues. He discussed treatment options with just the info he had and also what labs he wanted me to have. He advised on some therapy for neck pain and also ordered a stress echo and mri of sinus and brain. He will call me next week with all lab results and then when nagalase comes in. We began GcMAF on Monday. So far, I noticed an increase in symptoms for a few days tapering off now. We are increasing the GcMAF dosage slowly each week. I felt he was up on treatments and I think when tests come back he is considering nexavir. He also indicated that he thought Lyme disease could be the first primary infection. IDK about that but the CD57 should say.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sushi- I would really question pulling out the syringes and freezing the med!!!! This could be dangerous.

San Diego

How so?

I was instructed to, when I open a new vial, divide the contents into syringes to get the correct dose per syringe, and then to use one syringe and then refreeze the others. The only difference to those instructions is transferring the "extra" amount to a new sterile syringe--before injecting with the original syringe.

Sushi

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
Hi All,

I don't want to muddy up the conversation about D3 and GcMAF. I was told by David Noakes at GcMAF that there are different strengths of GcMAF on the market today. He recommends that if you are using GcmAF from GcMAF.eu you should continue with your supplement of D3 as GcMAF works on your D3 recepter. Now with my brain fog and cognitive issues I could have gotten this wrong, but when I returned to my D3 supplement I felt better. I take a 2.5ml of GcMAF from GcMAF.eu once a week and continue to supplement my 10,000 I.U.'s of D3, or 5000 I,.U.'s twice a day. I was defeceinct in Vitamin D3 two years ago and I was then taking 3,000 I.U.'s of D3 a day! Hope this helps. Also, my ME CFS Doctor in Western Mass concurs to continue D3.

Xan- Everyone has to go by their Dr. and how they feel.I am just going by what Cheney rec. He has been in on this from the beginning. You can go to the Cheney Clinic website (google) there is some info on this. I would not change anything your Dr. says if you are doing better. That is what matters.
Always appreciate any new info and what works for people.I do know he has select patients who have done well and some that haven't.May depend on where your Nagalase is. Please keep me posted as to how you do.Where is Dr.
Noakes???Do you take D oral or inj?

The Best,

San Diego

San Diego

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
How so?

I was instructed to, when I open a new vial, divide the contents into syringes to get the correct dose per syringe, and then to use one syringe and then refreeze the others. The only difference to those instructions is transferring the "extra" amount to a new sterile syringe--before injecting with the original syringe.

Sushi
I was always told NEVER TO to transfer from one syringe to another and then to save one-particularly to refreeze it.
As contamination was always possible. Also the the freezing changes the composition of the med.Usually weakening it.

This was from Dental school. Pulling into a syringe is one thing-but transferring is another. If you feel comfortable doing it. GO FOR IT!!!!

San Diego

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
He went over past labs, symptoms and issues. He discussed treatment options with just the info he had and also what labs he wanted me to have. He advised on some therapy for neck pain and also ordered a stress echo and mri of sinus and brain. He will call me next week with all lab results and then when nagalase comes in. We began GcMAF on Monday. So far, I noticed an increase in symptoms for a few days tapering off now. We are increasing the GcMAF dosage slowly each week. I felt he was up on treatments and I think when tests come back he is considering nexavir. He also indicated that he thought Lyme disease could be the first primary infection. IDK about that but the CD57 should say.

Shoesies- Sounds good to me. I would love to have someone closer. I have heard good things from adults with Autism.
Glad to hear about ME reports. Please keep me updated.

Hope it all works great for you.

San Diego

Sushi

I was always told NEVER TO to transfer from one syringe to another and then to save one-particularly to refreeze it.
As contamination was always possible. Also the the freezing changes the composition of the med.Usually weakening it.

This was from Dental school. Pulling into a syringe is one thing-but transferring is another. If you feel comfortable doing it. GO FOR IT!!!!

San Diego

Yes, we were told to always keep GcMAF frozen (though thawing a couple of times didn't seem to weaken it when it was assayed). It has been assayed and found potent after being frozen for a long time, but kept in the fridge without freezing it will lose potency much more quickly.

I wouldn't inject with a syringe and transfer the remainder to another syringe, but what I do (occasionally if I need to recalibrate my dose after already dividing into syringes) doesn't seem much different from the original process of opening a vial and dividing the contents into syringes and refreezing, as I'm only dealing with sterile syringes. Of course the needles are exposed to air for a minute when doing the original dividing and again if I "re-divide" and in the second case the plunger and inside of the syringe are exposed to air for a few seconds, but I never set it down and use sterile gloves. No, not the perfect situation but the stuff is so expensive it would be hard to throw any away.

Thanks for you thoughts!

Sushi

Shoesies

Forgot to ask- Did he do lab draws there??

SD

YES! They took almost a pint from the looks of it. My veins are not so good...so once they stuck teh one I told them could give without collapsing we were off...took a while. They did tell me nagalse would be back in about three weeks which was less than I expected from other members recollections. Must not be as big a backlog as before. IDK. I am just looking forward to results. Cautiously hopeful. Today was a better day too...more stamina, symptoms still there but the body has more strength. I actually drove myself to reflexologist and naturopath. Then DD brought my three week old grand to me so that I could love on him. There is some healing in a sweet little bundle sleeping cuddled on you for two hours. Best day in three months!!

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
YES! They took almost a pint from the looks of it. My veins are not so good...so once they stuck teh one I told them could give without collapsing we were off...took a while. They did tell me nagalse would be back in about three weeks which was less than I expected from other members recollections. Must not be as big a backlog as before. IDK. I am just looking forward to results. Cautiously hopeful. Today was a better day too...more stamina, symptoms still there but the body has more strength. I actually drove myself to reflexologist and naturopath. Then DD brought my three week old grand to me so that I could love on him. There is some healing in a sweet little bundle sleeping cuddled on you for two hours. Best day in three months!!

Shoe- What a sweet story about baby. I sleep with Dobermans and a Lab -but get the same feelings. Ha!My
Granddaughter is 12 but still love for she and the dogs to sleep with me and cuddle.
Think Positive.
Best,

San Diego
Yes, we were told to always keep GcMAF frozen (though thawing a couple of times didn't seem to weaken it when it was assayed). It has been assayed and found potent after being frozen for a long time, but kept in the fridge without freezing it will lose potency much more quickly.

I wouldn't inject with a syringe and transfer the remainder to another syringe, but what I do (occasionally if I need to recalibrate my dose after already dividing into syringes) doesn't seem much different from the original process of opening a vial and dividing the contents into syringes and refreezing, as I'm only dealing with sterile syringes. Of course the needles are exposed to air for a minute when doing the original dividing and again if I "re-divide" and in the second case the plunger and inside of the syringe are exposed to air for a few seconds, but I never set it down and use sterile gloves. No, not the perfect situation but the stuff is so expensive it would be hard to throw any away.

Thanks for you thoughts!

Sushi
Sushi- I know they told me with the Colostrum not to freeze it. Is yours the Chemical or the Probiotic GcMAF>
How expensive is it??

Thanks,

SD
gs to cuddle.
I am interested in seeing Dr. Bradstreet too. Sounds like he is covering everything so far.Are you going back or is he going to do phone conference? Did they send Nagalase to NJ? THINK POSITIVE!!!!

Let me know of any progress-

San Diego

Daffodil

hi all. i have a question about colostrum. i looked up the kirkland liquid...how much do you take a day? is it gross? can you mix it with things? for some reason, lately i am very easily turned off things and become nauseous.
thank you!

Symptomatic

hi all. i have a question about colostrum. i looked up the kirkland liquid...how much do you take a day? is it gross? can you mix it with things? for some reason, lately i am very easily turned off things and become nauseous.
thank you!

I am also interested in the answer to this question! I hate needles, but am also pretty sure I'd be super-averse to the probiotic versions...so was leaning towards the injectable if the Homeo-KMAF doesn't work out for me. But if the colostrum is less gross...maybe??? Would other colostrum be effective? I already drink raw milk, so have a source for colostrum if I need to go that route.

Sushi

I am also interested in the answer to this question! I hate needles, but am also pretty sure I'd be super-averse to the probiotic versions...so was leaning towards the injectable if the Homeo-KMAF doesn't work out for me. But if the colostrum is less gross...maybe??? Would other colostrum be effective? I already drink raw milk, so have a source for colostrum if I need to go that route.

I don't think colostrum would have the same effects as any of the forms of GcMAF.

Sushi

ukxmrv

I've had the odd teaspoon of the Kirkmans colostrum (unflavoured) and don't find it too bad. That said I keep it in the fridge and may be better chilled. Guess I am used to taking things that taste horrible.

I find the taste of milk pretty awful if that's any indication.

Sasha

Fine, thank you

I'm on MAF 878 and blend the 75ml dose with some cocoa powder, cinnamon and 10 drops of stevia, using a handheld cappucino frother. It's actually quite pleasant, which is amazing considering that otherwise it tastes like cold vomit. I add those things in and blend it just before I drink it - obviously I don't put that stuff in while it's culturing.