• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Daffodil

thanks guys.

frozen would actually be easier for the plane because they dont allow liquid and dry ice would work...and then i could figure things out at home.

everyone is being so generous with information...thank you!

Lou

More I think about it Forebearance seems to be right re gcmaf.eu in that mine, too, was shipped in thermos and still very cold when received, but it very well may not have been frozen.

shannah

Scott (Better Health Guy) just posted again on his FB.

"Very excited. Nagalase went from 2.9 to 2.1 and now is 1.2! Almost there. Thank you GcMAF."

and later

"No kidding, I guess "No pain no gain" fits here as it has not been easy, but hopefully will result in another step forward. Excited. :)"

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
thanks guys.

frozen would actually be easier for the plane because they dont allow liquid and dry ice would work...and then i could figure things out at home.

everyone is being so generous with information...thank you!

Daff,

Dry ice is a real pain and their are regulations on that too (looked them up once, but don't remember now). You can dump the ice out of your thermos before security and refill it at the first restaurant inside. The problem isn't liquids on the plane, but going through security.

Sushi

shannah

shannah..does he feel better too??

I've asked him Daff and am waiting for a reply.

He also posted this comment.

"Toughest thing I've done in 15 years of treatment. I hope it provides one of the most beneficial as well. :)"

shannah

Reply:

"I was feeling well overall before starting it but didn't want to leave the nagalase elevation unaddressed. So, given the strong inflammatory response to GcMAF, I still feel worse than before I started, but that's likely a good sign in that we are getting to a layer we never were able to hit before."

Others are chiming in their experiences at his page at

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BetterHealthGuycom/453573965423

shannah

Someone over there is now asking about Homeopathic G.Maf. They've written that as per Dr. K. (presumably Klinghardt) it is equally effective and more cost effective. Anybody heard of it?

Sushi

Just saw an article (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9619120) saying that the addition of piperine (from black pepper) greatly increased the bioavailability of curcumin which could be interesting for those taking it to counteract inflammation from GcMAF.

Here is another interesting article on curcumin:(Curcumin-loaded apotransferrin nanoparticles provide efficient cellular uptake and effectively inhibit HIV-1 replication in vitro.)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21887247

Sushi

Daffodil

hi all. i was reading about one fellow's experience..cant remember name...started with "c"..on this board..no effect after 38 shots! ughhh. i hope this isnt another totally wasted effort. half my life has now passed in this bizarre dark nightmare! wtf

Daffodil

oh! my question ...ok..so the consensus seems to be to freeze the stuff. but can you overfreeze? i am gonna order some gel paks...some say "for +10F freezing" and some say "for -10F freezing.

and gel paks are allowed for medicine with a docs letter on the plane right? i called once but i am paranoid. i'll call again tomorrow.

i liked the idea of dry ice cuz it would always be solid and they are OK with solids....but now i'm worried i will make the stuff too cold..

Rrrr

i would, if i were you, just put it in a thermos and put ice in the thermos with the gcmaf vials. and put it all in my checked luggage (not my carry-on luggage. it is the carry on luggage they inspect more carefully. the checked luggage just goes thru an xray. i attached my doctors letter to the thermos and put it all in my checked luggage.

but you are going from the US to canada, and thus will have to declare it, right?

do you even know if enlander will give you gcmaf if you see him?

why not just order direct from gcmaf.eu or bgli? that seems easiest!

Daffodil

my head is spinning :(

so what if we want to get it from the israel company? why cant someone do that?

Daffodil

how do we know the gcmaf is safe? its a blood product. who is checking? sorry..i am sure this has all been discussed before..

aquariusgirl

dr jeff bradstreet mentioned homeopathic gcmaf in passing in a post on his blog.. (jeff bradstreet..autism doc in fla..) Don't have a link...like i say .. just mentioned it in passing.

Sushi

my head is spinning :(

so what if we want to get it from the israel company? why cant someone do that?

The Israeli company charges about $1000 per shot--so I've been told. Very few get it there unless they have a stack of money.

Personally I wouldn't try taking a gel pack on the plane, and even packed in ice the vials don't stay frozen solid.

Sushi

Sushi

dr jeff bradstreet mentioned homeopathic gcmaf in passing in a post on his blog.. (jeff bradstreet..autism doc in fla..) Don't have a link...like i say .. just mentioned it in passing.

Klinghardt has mentioned it too. No one has given much info though as to effectiveness, availability etc.

Sushi

Daffodil

sushi....i ordered this dry ice substitute called Techni-Ice. 5 sheets. maybe that will work? i am going to ask the hotel to put the ice pack in their freezer the night before..maybe they will be nice...

or i could just use dry ice. i dont mind. i can order it before i leave for the airport in NYC. they say you are allowed 2 pounds for meds....and 2 pounds should be good for like 10 hrs....?

dry ice is a pain cuz you usually have to order 12 kg minimum and i need just a little...

xoxoxo

Daffodil

does anyone know the nagalase levels of HIV+ patients on HAART? i have been unable to find this info.

thank you