• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gastritis but NO h pylori - what now?

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I've just started olive leaf, just 5 mil for the last three days, feel like I've been run over by a truck - did you herx on it?
Sian, the OLE is the most powerful killer I know of. But even so, I have never actually had a Herxheimer Reaction, I know it only from theory.

I know it's powerful because it ends candida symptoms. Next in line would be cloves and raw garlic. Things like caprylic acid are useless. That's my experience.

Maybe somebody who wants to keep h. pylori at bay would work in those spices as a normal part of diet - but then again you'd want them on an empty stomach, if that's tolerable, so as not to dilute them. Raw crushed garlic for breakfast anyone? :)

Also, I suppose it's possible to be found negative for h. pylori on testing but still have some other pathogen that could be knocked off by the same substances used against h. pylori.

E.g.:
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/131/3/1106S.full
Protection against Helicobacter pylori and Other Bacterial Infections by Garlic 2001 FFT

mermaid

H. pylori negative gastritis and IBS are compatible with mast cell activation syndrome. More info on this thread:
ME/CFS is a mast cell disorder (hypothesis).
Sorry to be a bit late in replying. I will have to read up more on this I think. My science knowledge is rather basic and I did read the thread but some of it is way over my head (as is a lot unfortunately on PR though I am pleased that some people are doing the research and understanding it).

I am relieved to say that I only have a few of the symptoms on that long list. Thankfully my IBS is under good control now via diet though admittedly it means a lot of self control on my part!

I am currently exploring thyroid/adrenal issues which I think may have a part to play in my other symptoms.

mermaid

Hi Mermaid - thanks for your post - i'm still on holiday now - the stomach has been very touch and go - i am also now anemic despite taking iron for the past year and so have constipation from the iron - not sure if this is better or worse than the diarrhea from the omeprazole! Now i seem to have picked up a stomach bug (husband has it also) my stomach woes are just one thing after another - its been very hard to eat well while on holiday, France is so hard for vegetarians - too much french bread and sugar!

Take care, Justy xx

Sorry Justy. I forgot to look for your reply! So glad that you got there even though maybe not in one piece. Sounds a nightmare with the stomach, and hope you made it back OK too.

You are right that having bad gastritis is probably not good with the Betaine - I didn't start it until mine had got a lot calmer. I was taking the dreaded PPIs for 2 yrs before I saw the light.

I hope you get the endoscopy which clearly you should be having - another NHS cutback? I had mine in the good old days 9 yrs ago now.

I like herbalists and I think that's a good way to go next. I had one who wanted to give me 'bitters' as she was convinced that my acid was low. She was right actually though I didn't know it then.....

I am lucky that my stomach is calm at last. I just have to stay on the straight and narrow. Even Roger (you will know who I mean) has now had a test and got candida apparently and leaky gut!! I had the Genova Stool test last year and was clear on most counts.