• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gastric Electrical Activity Becomes Abnormal in POTS

Enid

Thanks for the find xchoc - that's a bit of an eye-opener, though one does wonder why it has adverse effects on some and not others.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Since half of POTSies have Autonomic Neuropathy, gastric problems are often neuropathy. May all tie in together. Healing my nerves has gotten rid of nausea etc. Helps the pooling when the nerves repair. Then, the muscles and blood vessels work to keep the blood up and moving the way it needs to be.

xchocoholic

Hi enid,

From what I've seen on various studies, etc it affects us differently. I'll have to leave it to the medical
professionals working on this to tell us how it works. Imho, it's exciting to see so many getting involved now.

Hi sally,

I was wondering what you're doing to heal your nerves in your gut. My gut takes a hit everytime I play with my gut bacteria.
I just got off keflex and haven't been able to stay upright for more than 30 - 60 minutes without getting
fuzzy headed and sob. Laying down for about an hour fixes this so I know it's my oi.

I had an even worse reaction when I got h pylori tho. I could only stand up for about a
minute without having sob and a petite mal then.

Replenishing my gut bacteria is causing digestive pain so I'm working on it still. It's a long story .. Lol .. I tried making coconut kefir with metagenics probiotics and that hurt .. yada yada ..

Of course I don't know for sure this is related but it appears that way. Thanks .. Tc .. X

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Xchoc, I am healing my nerves all over my body, not just the stomach, etc. Autonomic Neuropathy and Peripheral Neuropathy (POTS.)

No more sugar, LOW carbs-only healthful ones like beans, fruit, etc, no gluten. Sugar is not good for the nerves.

I have many supplements for my CFS and POTS, but the main ones for nerve growth and heath are Alpha Lipoic Acid, Benfotiamine, L carnitine, fish oil, and making sure your b12 is good.

I am improving very well. No real CFS problems now but we are concentrating on my POTS, the Autonomic Neurpathy that causes half of POTS cases.

xchocoholic

Thanks. I'm on a similar diet plan, wahls, and I've taken all those supplements at one point in the last 5 years.
I'm off most supplements now and trying juicing instead. But I'll keep these in mind.

I just wondered if you'd seen anything specifically for the gut nerves. They seem prone to damage by the wrong bacteria.
Or maybe they're just easily influenced by whatever they come into contact with. Foods, bacteria, etc.
Using smoothies helps my oi but I don't feel satiated that way.

I'm on a new digestive enzyme, creon, that may help here too. I'm sure digesting my foods will help overall.

Tc .. X