• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Garth Nicolson Q & A In September

shannah

http://www.prohealth.com/me-cfs/library/showArticle.cfm?libid=15522&B2=MSGBDART

Q&A with Dr. Garth Nicolson Sep 13-17 on ProHealth's ME/CFS & FM Message Board - Post Questions & Topics Now
August 11, 2010

The week of September 13-17, Dr. Garth Nicolson, PhD - a noted chronic diseases researcher and one of the most cited scientists in the world - will host a daily Q&A in ProHealths ME/CFS & FM Message Board (www.prohealth.com/me-cfs/blog/boardhome.cfm).

Interactive Responses to Your Questions
Each day the week of September 13-17, Dr. Nicolson will select a number of the questions and topics that site users have posted in the QUESTIONS FOR DR. GARTH NICOLSON message string, and discuss them in an interactive format.

Who Is Garth Nicolson?
Dr. Nicolson currently directs the nonprofit Institute for Molecular Medicine (www.immed.org) a center for basic and translational research in Laguna Beach, California.

With more than 600 medical and scientific papers to his credit, he is a global authority on cellular biology and the role of infection and other factors in chronic disease, with a record of editorial responsibilities, professorships, and other credentials too long to list. (See: www.immed.org/reachus.htm.)

You Can Read About His Work
to unravel the causes and treatment of many illnesses at the Institute for Molecular Medicine site (http://www.immed.org). Never faint of heart, Dr. Nicolson has been a pioneer in studies of cellular fatigue and ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, RA, Gulf War Illness, various autoimmune diseases, cancer, and infectious, neurologic, and genetic diseases.

To those with energy issues, cognitive problems, and pain, Dr. Nicolson is perhaps best known for his research & development of NT Factor a nutritional therapy for replacing lipids to restore mitochondrial function and reduce fatigue in ME/CFS and other fatiguing illnesses. (See www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=15150.)

But he can address myriad other topics, from differentiating ME/CFS & Lyme to antiviral therapy, emerging infectious diseases, chemical sensitivity and allergies, autism, and thyroid function.

Post Any Questions and Topics Youd Like Dr. Nicolson to Address - Today!

1. Go to the ME/CFS & FM MESSAGE BOARD (www.prohealth.com/me-cfs/blog/boardhome.cfm).

2. Click on QUESTIONS FOR DR. GARTH NICOLSON at the top of the page

3. And click on POST TOPIC to add your own.

Not Currently a Message Board User?

1. Click on LOG IN/REGISTER at the top of the message board page

2. And create an anonymous PASSWORD & USERNAME. It takes only a moment!

Watch for Future Q&A Sessions with Dr. Nicolson This Fall
Since Dr. Nicolson has advanced knowledge of so many issues affecting ProHealth site users, he has kindly agreed to return to address more of your questions during one week in October and again for a week in November.