• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gaba supplements?

Lotus97

I'm thinking of taking some Gaba supplements as sleep is one of my worst issues. I do take benzos and they help, but just not enough. Benzos also help a bit with pain too. No other sleep meds help. I feel that it is likely I have low Gaba levels and want to naturally increase them.

I'd like to hear people's experiences with Gaba (good or bad), as well as the brand they prefer.

Thanks!
Have you tried gabapentin/Neurontin? I'm not sure if it would help with sleep, but it might help with pain. It's similar to Lyrica, but it's not under patent so you can get the generic. GABA supplements don't seem to work for me. I'm trying Pharmagaba now which is supposed to be different than regular GABA supplements, but I haven't gone above 100 mg yet.