Despite Our Losses, People with ME/CFS Want More
We've been cheated by ME/CFS and we all know it. That's a no-brainer, if you'll pardon the cognitive pun. And loss didn't just result from the bad things that befell us. It also encompasses the good things that just ... never came. The absence of bounty. Of wholeness. Of peace.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Full recovery- is it possible???

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by JollyRoger, Jun 14, 2017.

?

Full recovery for everyone - is it possible?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Improvement YES - but not a 100%

30 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. femtosecond99

femtosecond99 Senior Member

See my previous posts. I don't take any drugs or supplements (and didn't use any to recover). I come here occasionally to help others, although I don't seem to be very welcome so I only post occasionally. Most people who recover don't hang out on these forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    lenin likes this.
  2. JES

JES Senior Member

They recovered using psychological approaches. LDN is generally well-tolerated. Naltrexone is given to drug addicts in a ten times larger dose than used for autoimmune diseases, so it's quite safe. Of course any drug is likely to produce more side effects for those with ME/CFS than healthy population. But compared to antidepressants, I would say LDN is easier for many to tolerate.

3. maybe some day

maybe some day Senior Member

San Francisco bay area
    I wish that was the solution for everyone

4. lenin

lenin

I've been already to a couple. Didn't help me... My CFS started with a very strong pharyngitis. Ive had tonsillitis and pharyngitis all my life, gradually losing my health over the years... Im 30 now, 2 years and a half I got CFS and I want to find a psychologycal reasn for it but I cannot find it.

Im thinking maybe my body some day will just heal itself when he is ready. Im not going to spend more money in suplements.

maybe some day likes this.
  5. femtosecond99

femtosecond99 Senior Member

I think it is. Note that neither Matt nor I used a "psychological treatment" like CBT.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  6. maybe some day

maybe some day Senior Member

San Francisco bay area
    Whatever worked for you, its good to hear you got results. Thank you for continued help and advice here on PR

femtosecond99 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.