• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Frumples - being in the attitude of gratitude

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
An inspiring story of someone who used a 'home-baked :rolleyes:' idea to make a difference.

I like little stuff like this that makes me lighten up and feel better. How can you not smile when you're looking at these little guys....Its like walking my brothers basset hound - people stop in their tracks and just laugh sometimes.

Frumples -
header.jpg

The initial intention was to share smiles. It has now grown to make a difference in your consciousness shift, all with the awareness of being in the attitude of gratitude!

They are inspired by a prayer for guidance as to how to share smiles on the planet.

As of 2006, EMPOWERED FRUMPLES came into being to increase the body's natural vibration for improved balance, strength, energy and sense of calm.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110104/ARTICLE/101041017/2055/NEWS?p=2&tc=pg

In 1997, Paula Knudsen awoke from a dream with an image in her mind and, a potter by trade, she went into her clay studio and started creating little faces with different expressions and personalities.

As a result, The Frumple Factory was founded to support humanitarian projects, assisting and raising awareness for those in need.

The projects include everything from feeding the hungry to her latest, making movies about people living and surviving with Parkinson's disease. The new focus stems from the experiences of a young friend whose life suddenly became irrevocably altered by the ravages of the disease.

Knudsen raises money and awareness for the causes by selling Frumples at various outdoor markets and craft shows throughout Florida.

"Paula makes a difference every day to somebody," friend Kimberly Long said. "The Frumples make people feel good. She makes a difference in little and big ways. She has a lot of energy and a big heart."

Frumples are about the size of a nickel and usually worn around the neck. They may be small, Knudsen said, but they are powerful tools for good.

"A Frumple is a little friend made with love out of clay," she said, adding that they help balance and focus.

Customers write to her attesting to the positive power the Frumples provide, everything from curing vertigo to helping with autism.

Frumples "are all so different, all individual, they all have different expressions," Knudsen said, and through an acceleration process that raises their vibration, they offer power.

"Her Frumples are important for people to know about because they make a difference in their lives," another friend, Patti Star, said.

And, Knudsen said, she believes one person can make a difference.

"I would describe her as a person who is a pioneer, on the edge and very inspiring. She inspires people by her knowledge and enthusiasm, love of life and care of people," Star said.

It was not always so easy. Originally from Norwell, Mass., Knudsen, 57, has lived in Manatee County since 2000.

She has been a farmer with a herd of white-faced Hereford cows, a potter whose work has been shown in galleries and an art teacher in Venezuela.

When her son, Jesse, was 5, she was a single mother working long hours as a bartender. By chance, a friend invited her to a seminar that changed her life.

"It was the beginning of a whole new world for me. It rocked my world," she said.

Landmark Education and its Self-Expression Leadership Program propelled Knudsen to make her life a journey to change the world.

Organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and Mothers Against Drunk Driving began from Landmark Education, a series presented throughout the country to empower people about how they can change the world for the better.

Knudsen began with her local food bank with the belief that children should not go to school hungry. The food drive ultimately became May's National Food Drive at post offices around the country.

"I really did not do anything except get it started,"
Knudsen said.

But the success of the program stemmed from her tireless and persistent belief that she could help make the world a better place.

"She's a dynamic dynamo with a heart full of compassion for everybody and I believe she has made a difference for the better," friend Bob Becker said.