• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freezing Feet With Neuropathy

gracee41

I have lyme with a few coinfections. I've been treating for a little over a yr and doing much better. My B12 level has been greater than 2000 for over 2 yrs. Had hair testing and results showed my Cobalt and Lithium levels to be deficient. Since Lithium is needed to push B12 into the cells, I've been supplementing with Litium Orotate 5 mgs daily for a few months. Eventually I started taking 1000 mcgs of methyl B12 and 400 mcgs of methylfolate as well.

My B12 levels have remained high. However, I think the lithium finally started letting the B12 into my cells a few days ago. My feet started freezing and the pins and needle feeling were terrible. I also started feeling like I was overmethylating when taking the B12. That was not the case before. The feeling in my feet get better after taking my daily dose of B12. I've read the cold and neuropathy in the feet can mean the B12 is working. How long can I expect this to continue? Also, should I increase my daily B12 dosage until the feeling in my feet go away?