• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free uterus, lightly used, will ship anywhere except the UK

Victoria

I was prescribed Ponstan (mefenamic acid) for pain & heavy bleeding.

The leaflet mentions side effects, but I never had any.

It was excellent for period pain & cramps (which is why I bought it in the first place), but I did notice a significant reduction in flow (which was a bonus at the time).

I tried it late last year & it helped again, but not enough for me to avoid seeing the Gynaecologist for the laser procedure.

PS Wendy, that "husband person" you spoke of. I figured the only reason I wanted one (a husband) was to pay the bills - decided that wasn't a good enough reason to get one LOL :D.

wciarci

Wenderella
Vicki, no that's not a good reason. The only reasoning that I had, at the time, were hormones! But he does rake the leaves and stuff!

wciarci

Wenderella
Kerrilyn, so sorry to hear about the pain. I know what that is like. I few trips to the ER and waiting during the agony. As I mentioned, the pain is o.k now and I seemed to have stopped bleeding the last few weeks. I will just wait and see but I am glad that I didn't just go ahead with what my doctor suggested.

Wendy