• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

free tools for analysis

fibrodude84

I got my 23andme raw data and have no clue what to do with it. What tools can be used free? I did genetic genie and now need to make sense of it.

23andme raw data list 3 types of downloads do I need all 3 or is one complete? It seems some are finding data that is specific but mine is all numbers.

sregan

I disagree about NutraHacker ... they cut and paste whatever they find on the internet with no real understanding of it. They also plagiarized some of my comments here, word for word.

sregan

The raw data can easily be formatted and snps can be grouped together into tables based on the rs number. That' what I saw that Sterlings app did with a little explanation for $20 a pop. If I get some time I'll write my own version and make available on the web.

I disagree about NutraHacker ... they cut and paste whatever they find on the internet with no real understanding of it. They also plagiarized some of my comments here, word for word.

Yes, I agree with your comment. I like MTHFRSupport much better. I took down my blog for various reasons but if it was still up I would change it. :)

sregan

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/mthfr/

Live Wello seems to be a new one here:
  • Genetic Genie, which will look at your methylation genetics just by reading your 23andMe raw data.
  • Live Wello, which gives a great deal of information to you based on 23and me, plus links to learn more about each gene’s potential problem.
  • Nutrahacker will tell you what supplements you need to take, and which ones plus more you need to avoid, due to your mutations. It’s very interesting!
  • Sterling Hill’s app http://www.mthfrsupport.com/sterlings-app/ or you can contact her and pay for a call to help with interpretation of your genetics.

Gondwanaland

Trying to decide between Sterling's ($20) and Promethease ($5)... I will need one for me and one for DH. Of course I prefer the less expensive alternative, but also the most helpful. Do they have overlapping info? Do I need both?