• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fredd's protocol question: Which one to start first?

Freddd

Freddd

I have recently started your protocol (2 weeks now)

Two questions - Im currently taking one one Jarrow B12, 1/4 dibencozide and 6 solgar metafolins daily (in addition to all the other essentials and co-factors).

Q: What should I increase the Jarrow b12 to?

Q: 1/4 per day dibencozide is more than you recommend but somehow I end up taking a 1/4 daily. What is the recommended dose ie 1/4 every 3 days say, or other?

Is there a ratio of B12 to dibencozide?

Q: How much metafolin should I build up to?

I know you take a lot but when I compare Solgar metafolin to Deplin whose lowest dose tablet is 7.5mg, I am thinking that I would take around 8 Solgar metafolin's daily (plus the 400mcg in the Douglas Labs B Complex).

Thoughts please??

Cheers

Hi Topaz,

Something to think about. If you are at 5mg of the Jarrow and you increase to 10mg, is there ANY difference you can perceive? Does it increase healing? Can you feel a little more startup? Dose a stubborn symptom start declining. Do you have more energy? That question can apply to each of those threes. The balance that is suggested by various writers arounf the web, and some are researchers, some are those who utilize it and hopefully, some are bboth. For me, The more Metafolin I take up to the place where my folate specific symptoms heal is significant. However, I eat natural veggie folate every day also and it causes a blockage of the Metafolin so I have to take enough to overcome that. If you go to something like 15mg a day and don't feel anything different, and you reduce it to 7.5mg (exact numbers are not targets, just examples)m after a couple of weeks and it makes no difference over the next couple of days or weeks, then the lesser abount is good. If a person doesn't have paradoxical folate deficiency they may find that 800mcg a day is great. The same with the balance of adb12 to mb12. Some people may need more than others. For me, I find 2.5mg each few days to be equilibrium for my body. But for my brain I need 50-60mg once a week, I need that higher serum level for a few hours to get it into my brain, but once a week is find and daily makes no difference. Also and effect some people notice is that the ratio affects mood and personality. I have never noticed that. So the suggestions of the ratio people have suggested anywhere from 1:1 to 10:1 mb12 to adb12. You have to explore that yourself. Does a larger once a week dose work bertter in any way than a samller dose daily or weekly or whatever. THis is what the fine tuning is all about. If you don't have enough and you take a larger dose and it does something noticable you know. If you go down and some symptoms come back in a few days to a few months and then a larger dose makes a diffrerence, then you know. Also, l-carnitine fumarate might make more difference than more adb12 and then more adb12 might make a difference. After your body is fully saturated and you reduce you might be fine until you hit a stressor and need more to deal with it. B-compklex twice a day can make a sizavble difference, even it is the same total dose divided in half becasue of the serum halflife situation with b-complex. Balance is a complicated matter. You have to be able to experiment and determine what works best for your bodym and how well it absorbs and distributes and uses the various things.

In this early period I would think that you would want to keep the mb12 going up aqnd seeing what improvment is there until more makes no difference. In a year after much of the healing is done maybe you can then bring it back down, depending upon the completeness of your healing and the sdegree of damage you have.
Good luck.