ME/CFS and the Change of Seasons: How Does This Affect You?
The advent of autumn can hit Jody Smith pretty hard. She's learned a few ways to lessen the damage every year. How do you handle the change of seasons?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Freddd protocol - when to start Carnitine?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by g-man, May 9, 2018.

1. g-man

g-man

Hi,

From the guides I've read on the Freddd protocol, it is not really clear when to start L-Carnitine. Please could I have some advice on this?

Do I have to reach 15-20mg of MeB12 / 10mg of AdB12 before starting Caritine, or can I start it sooner?

I'm currently on 3mg MB12 daily, with AdB12 once a week, but am tolerating it all fairly well so am accelerating dosages quite quickly.

Thanks,
    Graham

2. Laurel6123

Laurel6123

Don't accelerate too quickly....easier said than done, I know.

Are you taking potassium?

3. Busson

Busson

@g-man I too would like to know this.

I started carnitine quite early because it seemed to help quite a lot and never stopped it. I think the idea is to start B12 and then adjust potassium with various B vitamins until things are stable. I believe carnitine comes after that.

Sundancer likes this.
  4. wiltedflower77

wiltedflower77

What exactly is the carnitine supposed to help with? Is it for mitochondria? I tried it for a few days it helped my ibs constipation but floored my mood which I think is to do with it turning into acetyl choline?

Sundancer likes this.
  5. Sundancer

Sundancer Senior Member

Holland
    Just started, I get little more energy, body feels less sick and my mood seems to do well on it too.
    Our body-chemistry is different for each of us.

wiltedflower77 likes this.
  6. g-man

g-man

Hi wiltedflower77,

It does help the mitochondria and energy production.

I too got very down initially when I tried anything that might help the mitochondria (e.g. NT Factor, ADB12, just one drop of L-Carnitine). However, stick with it and you will break through it.

I gave it a break for a week, then tried liquid carnitine in combination with a different B12 (Better You spray) and took half a ADB12 every day and within a week I was over the glooms.

Now I feel much better! My muscles have loads more energy and I'm sleeping alot better too. However, I'm having to be careful of edema and take lots of folate.

7. g-man

g-man

Thanks. I don't think that I had truly stabalised on folate and potassium before I then decided to take the carnitine.

I was on Solgar MB12 and it was a mad rollercoater. I'm now using the Better you B12 spray and find it alot more managable and its enabled me to learn how to balance my follate/potassium.

I was also using ALCAR initially, but have switched to liquid carnitine and find that alot better; ALCAR was blanking out my mind a bit, in a sort or cabbage/demented way. I will try it again later.

See more popular forum discussions.