• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forward ME group (UK) minutes - 12th Feb 2014 (focusing on child protection issues)

Bob

Forward ME group minutes from 12th Feb 2014:
http://www.forward-me.org.uk/12th February 2014.htm

These minutes are well worth a read. They include interesting and important discussions about the difficulties faced by families with children with ME in the UK (e.g. child protections issues, inappropriate treatments, problems with education, & the SMILE trial.) It seems that these issues are common, and there are many similar cases being handled by a number of the attendees at the meeting.

Among the subjects highlighted in the minutes are:
  • Various issues for families with children with ME: Inappropriate treatment, child protection issues & problems with education.
  • SMILE Trial and the Lightning Process.
  • UK Research Collaborative.
  • Rituximab.
  • UK welfare benefits: PIP and WCA.
  • Dr Nigel Speight re patients in the Netherlands and Germany.

Last edited:
Anyone know more about this one?
10.3 The Chairman invited Dr Nigel Speight to speak. He said there had been a lot of comment on the internet about him being invited to look at a Dutch patient. He had now been asked to help in the case of a young patient in Germany who was the subject of the equivalent of “child protection”.