• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forget rituximab! The DWP can cure you at the Job Centre!

worldbackwards

From the article, an example of the wit and wisdom of Start Smiling Again's glorious leader:
start-smiling2.png

Bloody hell.

Countrygirl

http://www.getyourlifebackfromme.com/practitioners/guide/ceptoptions

The Chrysalis Effect Practitoner Training enables you to become : - The ‘Go To Practitioner’ ensuring you will attract new clients, and build a reputation that will lead to increased referrals and therefore increase your income.

So What Does The Chrysalis Effect Practitioner Training Consist of?

The 3 Day Comprehensive Training

“Tailoring M.E Recovery A Practitioner’s Approach
ThoughtsBecomeThings.jpg

• Setting Boundaries
• Working with the 6 Phases of Recovery
• Real Life Case Studies
• Understanding The M.E Mindset
• Coaching Skills
• Creating The Individual Recovery Plan
• Become a Client Magnet Part 1 – “No Cost – Just Clients”

“The Physical Recovery Journey”

What can one say?

C.G.

eafw

This guy is being employed by the DWP with tax payers money in order to tell people (who should in fact be getting that money instead), that they won't be getting any money- they have to cheer up or starve.

from the original blog above:

"It is genuinely horrifying that unscientific drivel like this is soon to be inflicted on some of the most marginalised people in the UK. People who have often lived through desperately traumatic events, or have serious and complex mental health conditions and could have their lives demolished by this kind of horseshit. The DWP is now at risk of actively harming the mental health of all those unlucky enough to be forced to depend on Jobcentres. It is time for mental health workers, from psychiatrists to charity workers, to get behind those they support and find ways to bring down and discredit the current DWP regime. Anything else now is collaboration."

(my bold)

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/start-smiling-again

Take a look at his company's assets!:D

How much of the tax payers' money is he being paid by the government, I wonder? Clearly, judging from the above though they are paying him according to his level of success.
I don't see anything particularly suspicious there.

The company was only incorporated a few months ago.

The timing is probably connected to the contract they've won which looks to be a pilot - only a few job centres are involved. A limited by guarantee company provides financial protection to the directors.

Countrygirl

Here he is on the news with Minister Justin Thomlinson getting excited about the concept.

Shame! He seems a nice boy too.........................David.....not Thomlinson.

He also has links with the local GP surgery so docs are sucking this up too.

Effi

Here he is on the news with Minister Justin Thomlinson getting excited about the concept.
I am confused... So in 8 weeks he cures basically any disease? Epilepsy too? I mean, low self esteem, especially in a job seeking context, I totally understand how that could be changed through this course. But physical illness?

How I understand it (if the 85% success rate is correct): e.g. someone with very mild epilepsy (maybe even taking medicine for it) feels very self conscious about working somewhere and possibly having a fit at the job so he/she is fearful of going out into the jobworld. Changing this mindset could give this person more confidence, which subsequently leads to succesful reinsertion.

But I'm being very sympathetic here... It really sounds like LP got itself a new fancy coat.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Wow so it cures epilepsy too? Amazing.
To be fair, I think what the woman said was just very badly phrased.

If you have epilepsy, there's a real chance that you are going to have a fit in front of colleagues. People can be incredibly cruel. I know someone with epilepsy who suffered regular abuse in a former workplace.

I assume the woman in the clip meant that it can destroy your confidence "but that's all changed".