• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Forbes:Dr. Ron Davis' work cited: Three Tales Of Health,Technology,Freedom

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Three Tales Of Health, Technology And Freedom
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsi...f-health-technology-and-freedom/#64979f95684d
Three different stories are covered in the article. Second story reviews "The Puzzle Solver":
I recently had the pleasure of reading three stories loosely united by the theme of patients and families seeking the best health care values for themselves and their loved ones through science and technology. [...]

The Puzzle Solver,” described how Stanford genetics professor Ron Davis has almost single-handedly helped steer the course of research into the poorly understood condition Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (also known as myalgic encephalomyelitis or ME/CFS).

Davis’ 32-year old son Whitney Dafoe suffers from a severe form of this condition, leaving him house-bound:

In 2013, Davis launched the Stanford Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Center, which operates within the Stanford Genome Technology Center. As director of the scientific advisory board for the Open Medicine Foundation, whose mission is to find a diagnosis, treatments and a cure for CFS, he assembled a team of scientists from Stanford, Harvard and other institutions and helped the foundation raise more than $2 million in donations.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulhsi...f-health-technology-and-freedom/#64979f95684d

Jennifer J

From the article:

I found all three stories inspiring, because they illustrated how motivated patients (and family members) can utilize advances in science and technology to seek the best for themselves and their loved ones.

Progress comes from free minds pursuing important life goals according to their best rational judgment. To the extent government hampers their freedom, they are hampering people’s lives. And to the extent government respects that freedom, they promote people’s lives.