• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

eric_s

If we get the 100'000$ from Vivint that's already quite ok, together with the 65'000 from CHASE. I think most important is that people know about these events and they are not afraid to participate for whatever reason (privacy issues, too complicated, etc.).

Francelle

Back to the IP address issue - I have little knowledge of how all this works behind the scenes in cyberworld but three of us in my family are voting most days on the same computer from our three Facebook accounts.

Please reassure me that this is OK as I certainly wouldn't want to jeopardise the votes I am doing! :confused:

helen41

Back to the IP address issue - I have little knowledge of how all this works behind the scenes in cyberworld but three of us in my family are voting most days on the same computer from our three Facebook accounts.

Please reassure me that this is OK as I certainly wouldn't want to jeopardise the votes I am doing! :confused:

The contest says it is per Facebook account/person. As long as each account belongs to a person, there is no problem. They are looking for multiple (as in hundreds) of votes from the same IP, indicating false accounts. Francelle, you are doing it perfectly. We need all 3 votes and thankyou!

Nielk

I think the problem at this point is that people don't have a clear direction as to who to vote for now in the last days of competition.
Everyone gives different advice and it changes day by day.
We all want the biggest effect for our votes,
The fact that WPI will end up in first place for their region I think by now we can all agree is a given.
Therefore any vote from now on to WPI is a wasted vote that could have helped another organization.
We have to decide which organization has the biggest chance, if we pull all of our votes to them.
If we don't unite now to do that, we will accomplish nothing because right now our votes are being diluted all over the place with no impact.
I think someone with some authority here (like Cort) should make a decisive decision and then we should make iy known to everyone to just vote for that organization.
This is the only way that I can see that we can accomplish something.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Check out IT Gets Better, it's really dropping, they just aren't much of a threat anymore. They now need 5,609/day to catch up to WPI - that's a huge amount of cushion! I agree that we should either all go National FM/ME or all go IACFS. And we will need a push from WPI supporters at the end. Diluting our votes does no good. I will vote for which ever you all would like. National FM/ME only needs 3000 votes to catch second place, IACFS needs 4000 to hit the wildcard draw.

Stats for Aug 17:

WPI 60623 + 863 = 61486
Be Perfect 15104 + 157 = 15261
Surfer Healing 9394 + 50 = 9444
Hailey mayz 7653 + 55 = 7708
Next Gen 4446 + 13 = 4459
Invisible 5957 + 22 = 5979
Jumpstart 4214 + 17 = 4231
King Bellflower 4950 + 26 = 4976
Sean Vernon 3676 + 41 = 3717
Partner Living 2519 + 15 = 2534
Shared Hope 2998 + 25 = 3023
Austin's House 3163 + 45 = 3208
Trevor 1135 + 0 = 1135
Dream 1321 + 11 = 1332
Courage 2010 + 16 = 2026
Ameriface 1991 + 39 = 2030
Prader Willi CA 573 + 4 = 577
Gets Better 14097 + 304 = 14401
Tinnitus 405 + 6 = 411

IACFS/ME 936 + 50 = 986
Light & Love 27212 + 330 = 27542
St John Hospital 12158 + 82 = 12240
ME/FM Action 9207 + 107 = 9314
Prader-Willi 7952 + 89 = 8041
Nightingale 397 + 4 = 401

Attachments

• vivint 08-17-11 1544 hrs.pdf
    79.8 KB · Views: 16

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
ME/FM National

I am continuing to vote for ME/FM National. I really hate to see all of those extra votes go to other groups rather then us. I do have concerns with Light and Love and their claiming that the money will go to help locally in Vancouver. This is not how they have operated in the past, the vast majority of money has been spent globally. How will Vivinet monitor where that money is spent?

Some of their votes have been removed, I wonder how many more will be

glen

helen41

I think we should have a poll and then everybody should go with that. Unless there is danger for the WPI's position.
I really like the idea of a poll, and maybe we can ask permission to post on the event pages for ME/FM and WPI as well. We would have to word it carefully so we don't create any more splitting, but I guess I see 4 options
continue with WPI and only look for one prize
vote ME/FM up to second in case the first place charity is disqualified (would need approx 4000 votes or 444 votes a day)
vote IACFS up to 5000 to qualify for the wildcard draw (need 4000 votes or 444 votes a day)
vote IACFS up to 5000, if the first place in Canada is removed, request all resources be switched to ME/FM

I have an appt today, probably won't be much help, I'm sorry

Nielk

I think we can safely disqualify voting for WPI. They are not in any danger,
The question remains ME/FM or IACFS?

frenchtulip

If I didn't make an error, ME/FM is just 2,885 votes behind 2nd place.
IACFS/ME needs 3,987 votes to make 5,000.

I think Helen's option of voting for IACFS/ME until there is a possible disqualification of Love and Light makes excellent sense. I just voted for ME/FM before rereading Helen's post. Not knowing whether there will be a disqualification, I think I would rather focus on IACFS/ME and try and get them into the drawing.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
I can go either way, as frenchtulip pointed out, we need less votes for ME/FM. On the other hand, I wonder if L & L has already been adjusted by the 4,000+ the other day and that will be it.....

Either way we pick, we still need to watch the daily votes carefully for adjustments or complete disquailifications and we may need to change at a moments notice. So going forward, it's probably best if we all read the latest on this thread before we vote each day.

Nielk

So who are we voting for today? If we don't unite in our voting, we will not accomplish anything. It will all be useless votes.

Dolphin

IGBP just had a huge leap today. Who knows what they are capable of? It's not over until it's over. I will continue to vote for WPI.
I don't disagree with you in general (and have to admit I may continue voting for the WPI) but where is the evidence of the huge leap? What I can see is 14303->14635 or 331 in the last 24 hours.

eric_s

I will vote IACFS/ME, unless somebody starts a poll and ME/FM gets the majority. Or until there is danger for the WPI. A poll would be good, but to be honest, i will not start one, i have been busy enough lately. I will try one more thing to get more votes for IACFS/ME or ME/FM, but then that will probably be it, for me. If the WPI gets the 100'000$ that's a nice success and i've had enough stress in recent weeks, i think i will then just lean back and not care too much anymore about getting one more charity into the drawing, the chance for a win is ok, but not so big.

helen41

If I didn't make an error, ME/FM is just 2,885 votes behind 2nd place.
IACFS/ME needs 3,987 votes to make 5,000.

I think Helen's option of voting for IACFS/ME until there is a possible disqualification of Love and Light makes excellent sense. I just voted for ME/FM before rereading Helen's post. Not knowing whether there will be a disqualification, I think I would rather focus on IACFS/ME and try and get them into the drawing.

I should have explained the way I was calculating my rough numbers. I figured in that the group second place would continue to gather votes as well, roughly 100 a day, then rounded up. I don't think there would be more than a couple of hundred votes difference between the two groups, we just have to pick one. My personal preference is for IACFS/ME and see if we can encourage some people to change, also asking if we can count on a full on blitz if things change in the Canadian region

eric_s

IGBP just had a huge leap today. Who knows what they are capable of? It's not over until it's over. I will continue to vote for WPI.
Some people have said that throughout the entire contest, that other groups will make huge leaps. I agree there was a chance this would happen, if you look at the numbers of their fans, and it still could, but so far it hasn't and i think it does not at all look as if it will. It's ok to be cautious, but i think one also has to learn and we can now see that a large numbers of "likers" alone or even winning a contest in the past doesn't mean a group is so extremely strong. If a group is strong, you can see it from the beginning, at least here in Vivint it was like that. They don't wait, because they think they don't need to start voting right from the beginning. In CHASE things might have been different, because some groups paid for votes and managed to jump into the top 10 in the last couple of days like that. I agree that at the moment the WPI is our best bet and the main prize is what's most important, but we should not just ignore the other charities. But of course everybody is entitled to vote for whoever that person likes to vote for, i just wanted to say how i see things now at this stage.

I don't disagree with you in general (and have to admit I may continue voting for the WPI) but where is the evidence of the huge leap? What I can see is 14303->14635 or 331 in the last 24 hours.

Hi Dolphin, You are correct. I looked at the contest and mixed up IGB with BPF. My mistake. As far as alternative voting, if i had to vote for a group other than WPI, I would vot for IACFSME.

SpecialK82

Ohio, USA
Ok, I'm going to vote for IACFS just because it seems to have been suggested more often.

Remember, we still have matching donations until 2:00 PM Aug 18 EST. IACFS and National ME/FM still need money for this conference!

Dolphin

Ok, I'm going to vote for IACFS just because it seems to have been suggested more often.

Remember, we still have matching donations until 2:00 PM Aug 18 EST. IACFS and National ME/FM still need money for this conference!
Small correction: 2AM August 19.