• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those who remember Dr Annie Macintyre, medical advisor to the MEA

Countrygirl

I am posting this for those who remember Dr Annie Macintyre who was a medical advisor to the ME Association. Annie is very ill and I thought it would be good to remind everyone who knew her of the work she did on behalf of the patient community over several years.

Here are two videos, one with Dr Anne Macintyre interviewing Lynn Gilderdale, and one where she speaks with Ean Proctor who as a child was thrown into a swimming pool to test whether he really was paralysed by therapists to whose 'care' aka child abuse he was transferred by Dr Simon Wessley. He would have advised them that Ean was not paralysed by ME. Ean, of course, sank in the water and had to be rescued before he drowned. In the first video, don't forget to listen to the delightful Consultant Neurologist of Newcastle General Hospital Dr Peter Hudgson who informs Annie that people with ME aren't ill but have profound psycho-sexual problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=276&v=cDeu_OlMivU

bertiedog

I am posting this for those who remember Dr Annie Macintyre who was a medical advisor to the ME Association. Annie is very ill and I thought it would be good to remind everyone who knew her of the work she did on behalf of the patient community over several years.

Here are two videos, one with Dr Anne Macintyre interviewing Lynn Gilderdale, and one where she speaks with Ean Proctor who as a child was thrown into a swimming pool to test whether he really was paralysed by therapists to whose 'care' aka child abuse he was transferred by Dr Simon Wessley. He would have advised them that Ean was not paralysed by ME. Ean, of course, sank in the water and had to be rescued before he drowned. In the first video, don't forget to listen to the delightful Consultant Neurologist of Newcastle General Hospital Dr Peter Hudgson who informs Annie that people with ME aren't ill but have profound psycho-sexual problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=276&v=cDeu_OlMivU

So, so shocking and horrible to watch. I am so very sorry to hear how ill Dr Macintyre is but I don't really know what else to say apart from realising how fortunate I am that I don't have to suffer to the degree that so many other do with this wretched illness.

Pam

SilverbladeTE

Personally I'd love to take those ignorant, arrogant, compassionless scumbags out to sea around oh Australia or South Africa
  • Tie them to an inflatable raft
  • jam a black pudding up the chute they seem to talk out of
  • toss some "chum" into the water
  • and proceed to take them water skiing....
  • then ask them if the big, toothy fish trying to nibble on their arses are "all in their head"?

evil-smiley.gif

youre-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg