• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

For those using Mag Citrate powder....

Adster

I've just discovered you are supposed to dissolve this stuff in hot water rather than cold. Does anyone else do this? It will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I did when I was taking it. Make sure you have a large mug. Mine really fizzed up when I added the hot water.

xchocoholic

I use Natural Calm (NC) in warm water every nite. This one fizzes. Not to get too personal, but I'm using this for chronic constipation. Nothing else works for me and I've tried everything. I'm guessing it's from being dehydrated despite drinking plenty of fluids. It works by pulling fluids into the colon. tc ... x

PS. I've read that this one is the least absorbable type so we need the other types in chelated form. I like Doctors Best.

Chris

Adster, thanks--I have been using it for a short while--cheaper, not fillers,etc. and thought it was one of the better absorbed kinds--but it tends to gum up in cold water--will try warm and then hot water to see if that avoids the problem Chris

anna8

I've just started taking magnesium, and I too am finding it helps with constipation ans sleeping! At the moment I'm taking pharma nord bio-magnesium! Can I ask if anyone has tried this one and if they thought the mag citrate powder was better? There are so many forms of magnesium it can be confusing! Well I think I'm always confused so it may be me! Ha ha!
Anna x

Adster

I tried water that was still at boiling point and that caused much fizzing, so the temperature obviously affects the strength of the reaction.

anna8 If that one is working for you - stick with it! I think the bioavailability of different type of minerals varies from person to person. Magnesium citrate powder has the advantage of being quite affordable and is supposedly well absorbed. Once you know how the one you are using helps you I guess you could experiment with some mag citrate. I use the NOW brand from iHerb.

anna8

Thanks Adster!
I use the now brand for other things and find them very good! I may try that when the ones I,m on have run out!
Best wishes anna