• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Foggy's World Tour - Raising Awareness and Fundraising

Foggy is a globetrotting soft toy dog who is on a year long fundraising world tour. His aim is to travel one million miles and raise £10,000 for the ME Association.

surfer.jpg

His owner, Sally Callow, is organising the tour and keeping everyone posted with regular updates of the travels through social networking websites.

If you're interested in donating or even offering Foggy a homestay, here are some links to find out more information.

1. Foggy's World Tour Official Page.
2. JustGiving fund raising page.
3. ME Foggy Dog Facebook community page.

As of posting, Foggy Dog has raised £2,175 and travelled over 133,600 miles.
He's with me in Japan from March 21st to 25th and I'll take him to a few sites and get some pikkies.

This is one of many individual fundraisers for ME/CFS and is certainly creative. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
This is so adorable.
I hope the foggy campaign catches on and raises funds and promotes awareness for ME.

Maybe when foggy is finished his world tour there will be a picture book of where's foggy photos?

I read a little snippet posting from Sally's blog and she says, 'Children’s books update: Foggy is so excited about being in print!! Sally has been busy writing short stories based on Foggy’s travels. She has found someone to do the artwork – a lovely man called Garath…..very talented. Sally has never published anything before so if anyone can offer advice/direction please get in touch.'

I really hope it materialises.

Bob

Thanks for posting Bob.
The interview helped top up the total a little to £6,027.54 (exc gift aid) and total mileage was 197,855 miles.
Sally will keep the donations page live for another month and then plan something new! :)

Bob

Thanks for posting Bob.
The interview helped top up the total a little to £6,027.54 (exc gift aid) and total mileage was 197,855 miles.
Sally will keep the donations page live for another month and then plan something new! :)
Great stuff! Sally and Foggy have done a sterling job! They must be exhausted! That's a fine amount of money that they've raised.