• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fluge re: L-Arginine with L-Citrulline as alternative for a NO donor

Hotch

Hotch
Hi All,

An ME/ CFS sufferer had a transient ischemic attack. Her cardiologist started Imdur 30mg for 5 days. She experienced significant symptom relief from her me/CFS symptoms within 24 hrs of beginning Imdur (an NO donor) which then returned when treatment was stopped. She was one of Fluges original Lymphoma patients who responded to Rituximab. She said the immediate improvement from Imdur was like the improvement she got after 6 or 7 weeks on Rituximab.

Has anyone tried this alternative strategy To NO donor?

"Fluge and Melia appear to be using this combination: An alternative strategy was applied, using supplement with relatively high doses of L-Arginine 5g twice daily combined with L-Citrulline 200mg twice daily"

I got this info from article by Cort. I now can't find it. Sorry.

Cheers! Hotch

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Hotch - someone posted here awhile ago about having a major improvement on an arginine supplement. I then tried arginine and after 3 days was completely wiped out. I then found out that it lowers cortisol. Also, the person who had had such good results with the arginine several months later posted, I believe, that it did the same thing, lowered his cortisol too much - dang!

actup

You can purchase generic Imdur, 30 mg tabs here:

https://www.pharmacychecker.com/generic/price-comparison/isosorbide+mononitrate/30+mg/

It costs as little as 46 cents per pill. I'm doubt my medicare pharmacy plan would cover this drug for me/cfs so plan to order it from one of the Indian pharmacies on the pharmacychecker.com site after I check for drug interactions.

I order ketotifen eye drops and backup Valtrex from one of these pharmacies every 18 months or so and have never had a problem (10 yr period)- knock on wood.

@Hip has some helpful tips for ordering from Indian pharmacies on this thread:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...and-trustworthy-online-pharmacies.8113/page-5

Imdur sounds promising as an alternative NO donor. Lower cortisol levels would be a major bummer for many of us if the L-arginine/L-citrulline protocol has that side effect.

The PR forum members are great about updating their responses to various treatments which is immensely helpful so I'll try to do the same with my trial of Imdur. Wish me luck ;-)

Hotch

Hotch
Thank you everyone for your quick replys. I really appreciate it. I don't think I will try l arginine etc after what you have all told me. actup I look forward to hearing how you go on Imdur. Good luck!!!! I am considering seeing if my GP will let me try it. Problem with Imdur for me is it lowers blood pressure. I don't know about you but my blood pressure is already so low I wouldn't be surprised if that's half my problem? However, I am willing to try just about anything. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you actup!

frederic83 have you tried isosorbide mononitrate or isosorbide dinitrate? Or have you heard of anyone who has improved with these? Doe it Lowe blood pressure or cortisol levels?

actup

Hi @Hotch, I've decided to wait to do trial of Imdur. I've had such a good response to midodrine, 7.5 mg, 2-3 times per day for orthostatic intolerance I'm afraid to add a new drug. Will enjoy this while it lasts