• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Flu vaccine (a must read for anyone considering it)

taniaaust1

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/2012/11/13/05/01/british-medical-journal-slams-tamiflu

A leading British medical journal is asking the drug maker Roche to release all its data on Tamiflu, claiming there is no evidence the drug can actually stop the flu.

The drug has been stockpiled by dozens of governments worldwide in case of a global flu outbreak and was widely used during the 2009 swine flu pandemic.
On Monday, one of the researchers linked to the BMJ journal called for European governments to sue Roche.
"I suggest we boycott Roche's products until they publish missing Tamiflu data," wrote Peter Gotzsche, leader of the Nordic Cochrane Centre in Copenhagen.

Tamiflu is used to treat both seasonal flu and new flu viruses such as bird flu or swine flu.

Bob

Hi Tania,
Going from memory, Tamiflu is not a vaccine.
I think it's an antiviral of sorts, in tablet form, and it's taken after contracting the flu.
Going from memory, it was never sold as a vaccine or flu-cure.
I always had the impression that it could only reduce symptoms slightly, perhaps protecting the most vulnerable patients from the worst effects of flu.
But I can't remember exact details.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Tamiflu isnt a vaccine indeed, but its a drug released by the evil GlaxoSmithKline so I would avoid it like the plague. :)