• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Florinef/Salt

confetti11

Hi, I've had some symptoms pop up lately that are getting annoying. I take 1.5 pills of .1mg of Florinef daily but I'm thinking I may need to play with the dose (I've taken as high as 2 pills in past). I think the symptoms reflect salt balance. Dr is looking at tests and I have an appt in 2 weeks, just looking at any input from people familiar with this topic until I can hear from him? Thanks!
"new" sympoms: heart palps, headaches, abdominal cramps, more fatigue, some vertigo (I have other symptoms, but these are the ones seem to have worsened lately)

Gingergrrl

@confetti11 What were the original symptoms that you were trying to control w/the Florinef and do you have POTS? Also, are you increasing your Potassium intake w/Florinef?

I did not tolerate Florinef (for POTS) at all but do very well w/Atenolol & Midodrine.

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl Taking for general adrenal symptoms. I couldn't say specifically which ones because it's been a while. I've always tolerated it well so far. I don't tend toward POTS symptoms. Yes, I take potassium along with a lot of other supps. Thanks!

I was just curious and am only familiar with it for POTS. When I tried it in 2014, I was told to increase both Potassium and salt intake and I had blood tests (I think once a month?) to check electrolyte levels. It was a horrible med for me and did nothing for POTS and gave me daily headaches.