• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Florinef, Blood Pressure and POTS

Hi all,

Please can you tell me what your Blood pressure was before and with florinef?

I am starting it tomorrow for POTS and Fatigue, my resting BP is usually 110/49-124/70, also if I move position it will jump up a bit then come back down, I was told Florinef could stop the jumps as the pressure will be more consistent and stable?

Thanks.

taniaaust1

You dont seem to have high BP going on. Im not sure if Florinef does stabilise jumping BP (Ive never heard of it doing that). Due to my BP jumps (can be low when Im laying and can be high when Im upright). Thou Im on Florinef for the POTS low blood volume, Im also on Clonidine as Clonidine can work as a BP stabiliser as it helps to prevent noradrenaline spikes (which then can affect the BP causing an increase).

In your case thou its not something I'd recommmend with your 49 dystolic reading (my dystolic only goes that low when I have the occassional bout of orthostatic hypotension instead of the orthostatic hypertension I usually get on standing).

Note..some change in BP when one changes position is normal.. its only when its an excess change going on that one may need to consider trying to do something about it.

SOC

Hi all,

Please can you tell me what your Blood pressure was before and with florinef?

I am starting it tomorrow for POTS and Fatigue, my resting BP is usually 110/49-124/70, also if I move position it will jump up a bit then come back down, I was told Florinef could stop the jumps as the pressure will be more consistent and stable?

Thanks.
Isn't it normal for BP to increase briefly when you move? BP is not static, but instead is very dynamic. It changes with time of day, position, activity, digestion, and a number of other things.

This is why the most knowledgeable docs want BP measured after 10 minutes sitting still in a specific position at the same time of day in order to compare BP measurements.

Florinef can stabilize BP if you have low blood volume.

I take Florinef and verapamil (for tachycardia). My BP increased briefly at first, but eventually decreased. It was high normal to start with.

I try to take my BP to get the most consistent measurement and it still varies -- from 128/90 to 117/80. Still, that's more stable than it was pre-Florinef and verapamil.

I actually had some blood tests:

Renin: 11.4 (2.64-27.7) ng/l
Aldosterone: 161 (111-860) pmol/l
Angiotensin ii 8 (20-40) ng/l

Angiotensin ii very low and aldosterone low normal but low still for being upright.