International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

flordicortisone

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by por-cel19, Feb 1, 2016.

1. por-cel19

por-cel19

Hot Springs AR
    Dr switched me to this plus the midodrine but I'm not gonna take that again what I want to know is do I need potassium supplements since this is at 0.1 mg per day? And any side effects i need to watch out for?

2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Your question is confusing but with Florinef you are supposed to supplement Potassium. I had horrible side effects from Florinef even at 1/4 of the dose you are taking but I do very well with Midodrine.

3. por-cel19

por-cel19

Hot Springs AR
    what side effects did you have?

4. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I had daily severe headaches and intracranial pressure from Florinef which is not at all a normal symptom for me. It never raised my BP as it was supposed to and in general I just felt sick and horrible on it. It also contained two yellow food dyes (which I later became severely allergic to when I developed MCAS) and am not sure if this played any role in my specific case but suspect it didn't help.

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    So did I...but for many it works well. Potassium should be monitored though.

Gingergrrl likes this.
  6. por-cel19

por-cel19

Hot Springs AR
    well took it first time 4 hours ago I don't feel anything so I guess I'm ok

See more popular forum discussions.