• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FITNET trial: University of Bristol student newsletter reports……...

Yogi

I recalled that there was a Bristol university student who had recently done a good piece on ME. I was hoping a response could be done to the FITNET propaganda of yesterday.

It is Hannah Price. Good article. Nice to see the student newspapers being more accurate than the mainstream press who are under the influence of SMC.

Retweet these:

I would only add that the misleading headlines are not accidental. This happens continually with ME stories. They have the Science Media Centre who deliberately in conjunction with Esther Crawley and Stephen Holgate spin these. Simon Wessely is also the trustee of SMC.

Epigram said: What do you think about these trials? Let us know.

Thanks Hannah Price for this:). Amazing girl:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
Kudos to Hannah Price. It's good to see a response to the propaganda machine.

I have been thinking (or at least trying) and just as a general comment to responding to UK media misinformation I'd personally like to see the narrative move to NOT talking about whether this is a physical illness or not--because no-one is disputing that. I's like to see more on the difference between the ME community and BPS as BPS sees CBT as helping cope but it's really about believing that the mind is perpetuating an illness that was once physical. To me this is an important distinction.

And I wish that more could be said about the research happening in the US/Norway/Australia although it may be tough to get this past media gatekeepers.