• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First Hydroxocobalamin B12 shot today and B12 overdose

Today I was administered with my first Hydroxocobalamin B12 shot - 6 hours later and after 'plugging' (please dont make me explain) some further b12 capsules in the form of 'Mecobalamin' starting to get concerned that If I continue like there may be a danger of Vitamin B overdose.

Taken today:

Mecobalamin 1500ug
IV Hydroxocobalamin 1000mcg
Vitamin B complex

Is this safe or I am just worrying about nothing? thanks in advance

By the way im feeling pretty buzzed...*cough, I mean feeling like I should.... - im not sure if its the B12 injection or not yet but I think its highly likely which is a good sign.

EDIT: Is it safe to plug B12??!

caledonia

Those aren't very high doses. I think B12 is the one with no upper limit, so you basically can't OD on it. But if it restarts methylation, then a lot of toxins could come out which would make you feel sick. I was getting a detox reaction on 5mcg and built up to a couple hundred mcg over a year.
I would not take any more for several days until you see how you react to the first dose.

If you react badly, then wait until it all clears out, then restart at a much lower dose and gradually build it up as tolerated.

I'm not sure about "plugging".

Xandoff

Michael
I don't know if it is safe to plug B-12 because I don't know what that means and won't ask. I take daily 25 ml B-12 injections and a Douglas Labatories Hypo B-50 along with 500 mg of magnesium, L-Aectyl Carnitine a couple of times a day 5000 I.U."s of vitamin D3 twice a day, a multi vitamin, Iron with Vit C ( I am male & anemic), 25mg DHEA and 3.mg of LDN at night. I also take 1.5 mg to 2.0 mg of clonazepam.

I am very fortunate to have found a real ME CFS Doctor two years ago.

Alll I know is that B vitamins are very important for my health. I take 90 mg of Cymbalta a day, 500 mg of Famcyclovir twice a day and 600mg of Gabapentin (neurontin) three times a day plus testosterone cream every other day. I am XMRV +, my Nagalase levels are 1.90 and I will be starting GcMAF injection this week.

We are all so different.....but B vitamins are crucial to most of us. Good luck mindglow! Nice Avatar*

alex3619

I am not aware of evidence of toxicity from B12 but I guess its possible if you take really high doses for years. One of the reasons we are resistant to toxic effects is that we can store so much of it in the liver. In fact if an average person stops taking B12 it can take years to run out of it (e.g. some vegetarians), that is how much we can store. Bye, Alex

I don't know if it is safe to plug B-12 because I don't know what that means and won't ask

plugging - present participle of plug (Verb)
Verb:
Block or fill in (a hole or cavity).
Insert (something) into an opening so as to fill it.

In other words stick it where the sun doesn't shine for better absorption (favourable results so far)

Xandoff

Michael
Mindglow....well that was my best guess. B-12 injections pass through the blood brain barrier and help me with brain function. I don't think it would bypass the blood brain barrier in the darier, sorry about spelling. It means ass but ryhmes with barrier. Good luck mind glow.

Xandoff...still more effective than taking them orally I would imagine. I am having B12 injections 3x a week

thanks

Adster

I think if you are using them rectally the issue would not be the b12 but any other ingredients with it, ie citric acid that may cause irritation to the mucous membranes.

Mimi

My doctor gave me 10 mg B12 in a a glutathione IV and I'm extremely sick now. Have been for 10 days. So sick I didn't even recall what set me back. Anyone out there know what to do?

I also received " 2 grams mag chloride, 1 gram calcium chloride, B complex, 3 grams non-corn Vit C."