• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

First Ebola patient in the U.S.

Soundthealarm21

There are, from what I've heard, 4 hospitals in the country that can handle Ebola patients. Presby in Dallas is not one of them. The good thing (sort of) is that these blood transfusions seem to be working it's just a matter of being a match in blood type.

Tammy

CDC gave the go ahead to Nurse who took care of Duncan to get on a commercial flight with a temp of 99.5.................are you kidding me! UNBELIEVABLE..... I believe she was diagnosed the day after the flight. She's the 2nd Nurse diagnosed with Ebola who took care of Duncan. :thumbdown: Nurses coming forward stating conditions they were working under...........proper wear not provided.......skin exposed........on and on. This is ridiculous. We ARE NOT on top of this.

Last edited:

Daffodil

well we have known for decades that the CDC is little more than a propaganda machine. now the rest of the world will know it too.

the fact is, this could really be the end for much of the human race, if the vaccines in trials dont work. all we need is an animal reservoir..there are animals who can carry it but not get sick. it is not clear as to whether they can transmit it, but we cannot count on the CDC to tell us the truth about that, either.

as much as i used to adore obama, he has really dropped the ball. as much as i hated o'reilly, he is right on the money this time, calling for resignation of freidman

germans are already saying it can be spread when there are no symptoms. they have stated that the CDC is probably lying

they took care of an ebola patient too. why didnt any nurse there get sick there?

ugh incompetence..our lives are in the hands of these idiots....idiots who are likely vaccinated themselves.

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

@Daffodil

well we have known for decades that the CDC is little more than a propaganda machine. now the rest of the world will know it too.

So maybe something good will come out of this if the CDC is exposed for what it really is.

as much as i used to adore obama, he has really dropped the ball.

It seems like Pres Obama should be coming on TV and making some kind of statement to reassure the public (unless he did and I missed it?) He should also temporarily be stopping incoming flights from the affected countries in West Africa. I know it is political but it seems like the only way to stop the spread of the disease.

ugh incompetence..our lives are in the hands of these idiots....idiots who are likely vaccinated themselves.

Sad but true.

Daffodil

i read some articles about stopping flights. they say it would buy only a few months cuz it will still come from other places unless every country agrees to ban all travel from west africa...and that would make west africa even worse and it would spread faster and wider.

also, it would cause people to travel secretly and there would be no way to track them

Gingergrrl

I thought I read that Britain just banned incoming flights from West Africa but I could certainly be wrong about this. Does anyone know?

Gingergrrl

@Sidereal Thanks for posting this and I just watched the entire interview and it is horrifying but not surprising. I once blew the whistle on an issue in the hospital where I used to work (which I won't name!) and it was held against me forever especially when I later got sick with ME/CFS. I am proud of that nurse and felt she did the right thing.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
@Gingergrrl I'm not aware of any flights from West Africa being banned. In fact I think I recall it being reported on the news the other day that there are no direct flights to the UK from West Africa - they mostly go via Portugal and one other European country. What is happening though is that people whose journeys originate in West Africa are being identified and they'll be screened at London Heathrow. Some will be allowed to enter the country without restriction, others may have to stay in daily contact with the authorities if any kind of a risk is identified. They reckon screening should cover about 90% of entries, the other 10% will come into northern airports where there will be no screening. Watch out, Manchester!

Apparently, it was business as usual at Heathrow on Tuesday, in other words reassuringly chaotic:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/14/ebola-screening-confusion-heathhrow-airport-measures

Not at all connected but there's an interesting reference in this article about the antibodies of the British nurse who recovered from Ebola being used to treat a doctor in the US:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/15/british-nurse-ebola-survivor-sierra-leone-return

Last edited:

Daffodil

there is a doctor in liberia who is treating his ebola patients with lamivudine and is finding that a large percentage survive if treated early. dr. fauci said they are trying other nucleoside analogues against ebola. wonder why they arent trying lamivudine? patent expired perhaps?

Gingergrrl

@Gingergrrl I'm not aware of any flights from West Africa being banned. In fact I think I recall it being reported on the news the other day that there are no direct flights to the UK from West Africa- they mostly go via Portugal and one other European country. What is happening though is that people whose journeys originate in West Africa are being identified and they'll be screened at London Heathrow. Some will be allowed to enter the country without restriction, others may have to stay in daily contact with the authorities if any kind of a risk is identified. They reckon screening should cover about 90% of entries, the other 10% will come into northern airports where there will be no screening. Watch out, Manchester!

@Scarecrow Thank you for clarifying re: the UK and I was not sure if I had misunderstood what I heard. It appears that they are screening flights from West Africa coming into five US airports but LAX is not one of them. That seems very strange to me since LAX has such a huge international terminal. I do not think there are any direct flights to LAX but it seems that if a passenger began their travels in West Africa, even if they made several stop-overs, if LAX is their final destination, that they should be doing the screenings here (LAX) but from everything I read, they are not. I can't figure this out!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I heard speculation that the 3 pairs of gloves that the US nurses are wearing are making it more difficult to get them off without contaminating themselves.

I think it was yesterday that I heard the Doctors Without Borders, who have treated tens of thousands of Ebola patients, have had only 16 staff members become infected.

the fact is, this could really be the end for much of the human race, if the vaccines in trials dont work. all we need is an animal reservoir..there are animals who can carry it but not get sick. it is not clear as to whether they can transmit it, but we cannot count on the CDC to tell us the truth about that, either.

as much as i used to adore obama, he has really dropped the ball. as much as i hated o'reilly, he is right on the money this time, calling for resignation of freidman

germans are already saying it can be spread when there are no symptoms. they have stated that the CDC is probably lying

they took care of an ebola patient too. why didnt any nurse there get sick there?

Eerie similarities about suppressing disease info re both ME and Ebola. Maybe "practice makes perfect" and CDC is getting a lot practice at its' spiel by using it on us first. The Germans say the CDC is probably lying! gotta love that.

I hope we live to see the outcome of this charade. If only my gut will cooperate with that...

There are, from what I've heard, 4 hospitals in the country that can handle Ebola patients. Presby in Dallas is not one of them. The good thing (sort of) is that these blood transfusions seem to be working it's just a matter of being a match in blood type.

A pathogen for ME / CFS hasn't yet been identified. This is a risky thing to do these days -- get a transfusion. Who really knows what is in somebody's blood? fight ebola a couple weeks(if you survive), all is well. fight ME through 30 years of Hell, then you die from cancers, heart disease, digestive tract failure, inflamed conditions, ad infinitum.

Which is worse? Answer that Mr. Obama. And don't get your answer from Friedman.

ahmo

Natural treatments for ebola?
http://www.anh-usa.org/ebola-can-be-prevented-and-treated-naturally/
...According to an important study published in the Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, the Ebola virus seems to be selenium-dependent—that is, the virus rapidly drains its host of the mineral selenium, making the patient vulnerable to high levels of oxidative stress, which in turn contributes to hemorrhaging and a breakdown of the immune system....C, D, zinc, curcumin....

OTOH Mike Adams, quoting from The Hot Zone by Richard Preston, a non-fiction book published in 1994
http://www.naturalnews.com/047358_Ebola_outbreak_human_meat_immune_response.html
This book reveals all sorts of astonishing truths about Ebola which have since been buried or distorted by a modern-day government operating in total denial. For example, the book documents numerous cases of an Ebola variant spreading via airborne routes among monkeys housed in completely separate rooms in level-4 biohazard facilities run by the U.S. Army. The fact that Ebola could spread through the air was known in the 1990s (but is ridiculously denied by the CDC today).

The emergence of AIDS, Ebola, and any number of other rainforest agents appears to be a natural consequence of the ruin of the tropical biosphere. The emerging viruses are surfacing from ecologically damaged parts of the Earth...

In a sense, the earth is mounting an immune response against the human species. It is beginning to react to the human parasite, the flooding infection of people, the dead spots of concrete all over the planet, the cancerous rot-outs in Europe, Japan and the United States, thick with replicating primates [i.e. humans], the colonies enlarging and spreading and threatening to shock the biosphere with mass extinctions.

adreno

PR activist
Still quoting the health ranger, @ahmo ? The earth is mounting an immune response?

It is beginning to react to the human parasite, the flooding infection of people, the dead spots of concrete all over the planet, the cancerous rot-outs in Europe, Japan and the United States, thick with replicating primates [i.e. humans], the colonies enlarging and spreading and threatening to shock the biosphere with mass extinctions.

I haven't heard anything so anti-human in a long time. People who think that humans are parasites can start with ridding the earth of themselves. But it's always others who have to go, right?

I wouldn't put my money on orthomolecular medicine, either...

Last edited:

Soundthealarm21

A pathogen for ME / CFS hasn't yet been identified. This is a risky thing to do these days -- get a transfusion. Who really knows what is in somebody's blood? fight ebola a couple weeks(if you survive), all is well. fight ME through 30 years of Hell, then you die from cancers, heart disease, digestive tract failure, inflamed conditions, ad infinitum.

Which is worse? Answer that Mr. Obama. And don't get your answer from Friedman.

So are you proposing that patients that are dying of a virus with less than a few weeks to live turn down plasmapherisis because of the minute chance that they contract ME/CFS?

What does Obama have to do with that? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Soundthealarm21

If Ebola was airborne I'd think there would a lot more sick people by now... This misinformation being spread is just a scare tactic to pedal supplements and what not...