Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

First Canadian ME conference, May 3-5 in Montreal

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Dechi, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

This should be great. The speakers have yet to be announced but it should be very interesting. May 4th is open to patients. 50$ including breakfast, lunch and breaks.

https://www.fourwav.es/view/647/info/

panckage, i-lava-u, L'engle and 3 others like this.
  2. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    Derya Unutmaz MD will be speaking.

ScottTriGuy, jpcv, L'engle and 3 others like this.
  3. Ember

Ember Senior Member

Dr. Gordon Broderick, a native Canadian, made these hopeful comments back in 2013:
    In the same year, Dr. Broderick described alternate resting states found in males suffering from GWI and CFS. He presented here pilot data from a 4-year, $4-M effort integrating computational and animal models to design clinical treatment trials. (N.B. 25:50 and following.)

It would be great to hear an update from Dr. Broderick (now working with Dr. Klimas) at this 1st Canadian Collaborative Team Conference, especially in light of Dr. Klimas’ 2017 comment, “I dare say that this Gulf War trial that we’re just launching right now will be done in about a year.” It sounds as though an arm of the current human trial may be devoted to ME/CFS.

ScottTriGuy, L'engle and Dechi like this.
  4. perrier

perrier Senior Member

I heard somewhere, can't recall now, that Klimas was saying that if things really went well with the GWI folks, she would start trials on CFS straight away, even before the GWI trial was finished. Does anyone recall anything like this?

And has she already started that trial?

L'engle likes this.
  5. shannah

shannah Senior Member

CFS_for_19_years likes this.
  6. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

This is a very tight agenda, lots of very interesting speakers. I notice there is no buffer at all between presentations, so expect a lot of delays and days that will end very late...

7. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    It's interesting that they have Alison Bested, a good ME doctor from what I understand as well as Ric Arseneau who has no clue what disease he is treating and still believes strongly in CBT/GET

JaynaB and shannah like this.
  8. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

At least he only has 20 minutes, like everybody else...

panckage likes this.
  9. shannah

shannah Senior Member

For those who don't know, Central Sensitization Syndrome (CSS) is the biopsychosocial (BPS) model of disease and unfortunately is gaining ground worldwide.

We're already battling the BPS model with PACE and the CDC damage for years.
    We still have yet to win those battles.
    We have NICE and Cochrane yet to tackle.
    We have MUS/MUPS and CSS rearing their ugly heads.

We're so busy fighting what ME isn't, we have little resources to actually advance what ME is!

CSS proponents from the west coast with Dr. Arseneau and the east coast with the Nova Scotia group are actual Presenters at this conference.

I find this very disturbing. Do we really need more misrepresentation of our disease with this CSS spread across Canada?

If you too have concerns, voice your opposition by emailing the organizers or better yet, Dr. Moreau himself.
    The address can be found on this conference page.

https://www.fourwav.es/view/647/info/

JaynaB and panckage like this.

See more popular forum discussions.