• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Finding the "sweet spot" with hydrocortosine??

cb2

thanks Crux
i am willing to give it a try.. i have my acupunturist telling me.. to take the nano pak vits.. now that are expensive but they dont have a good b12.. what or where are some recommendations on a good b12, complex and methyl-folate? can you pass this along? thanks i really apprecaite it!
c

Crux

Hi cb2 ;

I wish this could be an easier question to answer for you: which are the best supplements to take.
People here are taking a wide variety of them. So I'll list some that have been found effective, and that are easily found.
-iherb.com is a good place to order from.
-Solgar brand makes a good methylfolate. ( good price)
-For the B12, some people respond better to one of the types: hydroxycobalamin or methylcobalmin. Methylcobalmin is easier to find,and less expensive. ( Of course, it should be sublingual.)
Some of the brands that people have found to be effective are: AOR, Solgar, Bluebonnet, NOW... There are certainly more that I don't remember.
-B-complex may be a more complicated subject. I take a food based type that is a low dose. It's expensive, but it lasts a long time because I don't need to take much of it. It's New Chapters brand, coenzyme B food complex.

I believe many people like Thorne brand products too.

cb2

thank you ...that is very helpful. how much of the b12 does one take.. i had jarrow sublingual before 5000 (can't remember the measurements) and the bottle said once every 3 days or so..?? i was just looking at thorne b complex the other day- this will be a good start for me! appreciate the support..

oh the other symptom i have of adrenal stuff is i have been getting "white pigment spots" on my arms..since i have been on the NDT and cortef they are actually slowly filling in. - just need to find the right amount of cortef- I tried taking it sublingually and it seems ALOT stronger- than digesting it! so i need to be careful!

will work on this list! thanks for your time!

Crux

Hi cb2;

Some of us have found that Jarrow's isn't as strong as it used to be, but others still find it to be effective. It may be that some people need a higher dosage. I need alot every day, ( 15 mgs. now ), but this amount may be entirely too much for many others.

I think it's a good idea to find an ideal daily dosage. ( difficult )

Part of what HC does is to increase stomach acid, which helps with absorption of nutrients. This may be why it can irritate the stomach in some people.

Some types of hyper and hypo-pigmentation can be B12 deficiency related. There was a time that I was a spotty, dotty, splotchy thing, with white spots included. It's much better now- not perfect.

Best to You.

cb2

ok..i will look for a different brand of b12 sub.. last b12 blood test was high.. i was supplimenting and actually getting injections of 2 types of b12 through a dr at the holtorf medical group..so i am not sure the spotty,dottys are from b12 deficiency ..but ya never know! thanks
c

B12 or b6 never helped me much....same w folate

Cortef + T3 in order to clear reverse T3 helped me a ton. By far the biggest improvement was from that so far...

cb2

that is good to hear viaswiss! so hard to know what the right action is to be- at one point my reverse T3 was high!
how do we find the right blue print for ourselfs in this mix.?